FOOTBALL SEASON 07/08

sayjann

My happiness due to my departure from Morocco tomorrow has been severly dented by this report which has just appeared on the BBC.

Barcelona close in on Henry deal

Thierry Henry is on the verge of joining Barcelona from Arsenal, BBC Sport understands.

Sources close to the Catalan club have told the BBC they expect to make an official announcement about the 29-year-old within the next day or so.

The BBC understands the fee is in the region of £16m and Henry will sign a four-year deal.

Henry signed a new four-year contract with the Gunners last year and said he would stay for the rest of his career.

But he appeared to cast doubt on his future in June when he said he was flattered by interest from AC Milan.

This came after he said he was "devastated" when Arsenal vice-chairman David Dein left the club in April because of "irreconcilable differences" with the rest of the board.

Both AC Milan and Barcelona had declared their interest in the player, who has constantly been linked with a big-money move away from Arsenal for the last few summers.

Henry's agent Jeff Weston told BBC Sport "The SEM Group have no comment to make" but did not deny the reports.

Earlier in June, the agency rubbished reports from France that the Arsenal star had agreed a provisional three-year contract with Barcelona.

Former Arsenal team-mate Patrick Vieira told BBC Five Live that he feared Henry would leave the Gunners if the Premiership side did not bring several world-class players.

"If Arsenal bring two or three big names that will show Thierry that they want to compete," said the current Inter Milan player.

Henry missed much of last season due to injury

"If that's not the case Thierry will ask himself what is the best for him."

Henry began his career as a winger with Monaco in 1994 under the supervision of current Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger.

He was in France's 1998 World Cup winning squad and went on to join Juventus the following season.

But his time in Turin was a largely unsuccessful one and the player was soon heading to north London with Wenger keen to get the best out of the prodigious talent.

The France international has since blossomed into one of the greatest talents in world football.

He helped Arsenal to two league titles and three FA Cups, and led the Gunners to the finals of the 2000 Uefa Cup and 2006 Champions League.

In February 2006, he became the first Arsenal player to score over 200 goals for the club with a strike against Birmingham.

His consistency in front of goal has seen him finish as the Premier League's top scorer on four occasions, while he has won the PFA Players' Player of the Year title on two occasions and the football writers' player of the year three times.

Henry has also twice finished runner-up in the Fifa world player of the year.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just about to watch a report on the Evening's news,won't believe it until i see him signing his new contract in Catalonia.

if true then Arse are fucked and will be struggling to get into Europe via the Inter-Toto Cup next season................. :yay:

best news of the Week if true............ :chili::grinyes::chili::grinyes:

BTW.

saw this photo today........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=463585&in_page_id=1779

the title of the photo was 'er...Thaksin,do you know you've bought the other Manchester lot'.... :rotl:

If its true then its true and the Arse will get on with it. People thought that if we lost Veira we would nt be able to replace him...I think we have. Things will be fine at Arsenal. It will give other players a chance to shine. Things change in football, but Arsenal are in a good position for the future...no worries from me guys...Sj, we wont struggle I think...Van persie can do the business for us.

...Good money though and if Wenger decides to splash the cash on two good replacements it ain't so bad.

Maybe, but Henry was special, very special. The best foreigner to ever grace British football. He will be sorely missed, not just by The Arsenal but by anyone who loves watching the best play football. :worship::bow: I agree with JS though, Arsenal will get over him.

...if true then Arse are fucked and will be struggling to get into Europe via the Inter-Toto Cup next season................. :yay:

best news of the Week if true............ :chili::grinyes::chili::grinyes:

Don't know if I'm allowed to say this, but fuck you Sayjaan, there can't be anyone on the board more two faced than you. :thumbdown:

i'm hurt Munchie,only 2.......... :sad:

i have one face for MU :devil: and another one for every other Team........ :evilpumpkin:

but i'm at a loss to understand why you are aggrieved,i'm only taking the piss out of the Arse as i have done for Years.

and it's always been friendly banter........ :)

but if you don't like my jokey comments then just press 'ignore'...... :clown:

this is just the close season,wait until the new season starts,that's when i really start cranking up........ :grinyes:

....but i'm at a loss to understand why you are aggrieved,i'm only taking the piss out of the Arse as i have done for Years.

and it's always been friendly banter........ :)

"Friendly banter"!. You always say that when you're defending yourself, but unlike Teddy I don't buy your bullshit.

Archived