FOOTBALL SEASON 07/08

sayjann

'Firstly Scholes should of been sent of for a blatant second yellow card, if that had happened then the penalty wouldnt of been given'

i thought i said that already.

Secondly Wigan should of had a penalty'

i thought i said said something similar.

but not handball,nowhere near his hand...... :shakehead

he might have been taking lessons from Terry who has got away with more blatant handballs in the past.

Thirdly, grats to you guys, been a good run in, but lets face it, without ronaldo you are an ordinary side....30+ goals he scored.

so no other Player helped him to score the Goals?.

i thought it was a Team Game,but maybe i am wrong :(

yes he takes Pens and misses and his ratio of Goals to free-kicks is probably worse than Beckhams but they are spectacular.

and for a winger/midfielder to score 30 PL Goals in a Season and become only the 6th Player to do so is remarkable.

your sooper dooper striker managed around 8 PL Goals this Season..........impressive.

Lastly....another last min goal scored against us, if I have one complaint with grant it is that he has to tell his players to work to the final whistle.

in defence of Grant i believe the Players just gave up.

10 Minutes to go and word would have filtered through to the Players that MU were 2-0 up and they knew the dream of the title was over and they sort of switched off.

this Season Chelsea have played like the old Arsenal and got a Goal and then just shut up shop.

the Wigan Game was probably when Chelsea lost the title.

contrast that to MU who normally attack to the very end.

look at the Newcastle Game,MU were 2-0 up with around 15 Minutes to go and easy winners,they kept attacking and won 6-0.

people say that MU are lucky with all their late Goals but if you do not attack then the Goals do not come,no luck involved.

have a good time in Moscow....... :thumbup:

i was offered a ticket but refused to pay the stupid prices.

i'll sit at home with a few Beers and a takeaway..........

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers Zaad :beer:

Roll on the 21st now. Thursday 22nd I have a Kick Off Meeting scheduled with PTT at 9:00 AM :cussing: I am working like hell to get my part of it pushed back till 11:00 AM so I can at least get 2-3 hours sleep after the game.

so no other Player helped him to score the Goals?.

i thought it was a Team Game,but maybe i am wrong :(

yes he takes Pens and misses and his ratio of Goals to free-kicks is probably worse than Beckhams but they are spectacular.

and for a winger/midfielder to score 30 PL Goals in a Season and become only the 6th Player to do so is remarkable.

your sooper dooper striker managed around 8 PL Goals this Season..........impressive.

My point is, if you remove him from the team, and I believe he scored 31 goals all in all in the premiership, then your goal tally would of been 46 goals, I'm not saying other players wouldn't of scored, but he is a invaluable player and without him your goal difference of 58 to our 39 would of been severely depleted.

Chelsea's goals came from all over the pitch, from defence, midfield and attack, yours come from ronaldo, tevez & rooney....between those three players United scored 73% of their premiership goals. Ronaldo contributed 40%!!

If you take chelsea tops three scorers, they accumulated only 39%...

saw some PL stats yesterday and will list a few which pertain to Teams Members support.

8-Pens awarded to MU-more than any other Club.

9-Pens conceded by Sunderland-more than any other Club.

12-different nationalities who scored for Arsenal-the most in English Football.

15-times Spurs hit the woodwork,more than any other Team.

16-headed Goals by Villa,the most in the PL.

17-assists by Fabregas,more than any other Player.

21-clean sheets each for MU and Chelsea.

24-Torres Goals,more than any any foreign Player in a debut Season.

27-Goals scored by Arsenal in the last 15 Minutes,more than any other Team.

33-points lost by Spurs from a winning position,more than any other Team.

37-away Goals scored by Arsenal and Villa,the most in the PL.

41-of Villa's Goals scored by Englishmen,the most in the PL.

47-Goals scored at Home by MU,most in the PL.

58-MU's positive Goal difference,a PL record.

76-points difference between MU and Derby,equals the record.

80-Goals scored at Spurs,more than any other ground this Season.

83%-Arsenal passes completed,best in the PL.

85-points won by Chelsea,highest number for a Team coming 2nd.

89%-passes completed by Paul Scholes,best ratio of any PL Player.

90-shots against Liverpool,fewer than any other PL Team.

the stat which leaps out at me is the most number of Goals scored in the last 15 Minutes.

i always get the comments that MU always get the late Goals but it seems Arsenal take that honour.

MU scored 7 winning Goals in the last 15 Minutes in PL Games,Arsenal scored 12.

so that argument is shown to be false.

BTW........Fergie wins Manager of the Year..... :applause:

which follows the award to Ronaldo of Players Player of the Year and Football Writers Player of the Year.........1st Player to win both award twice..... :grinyes:

oh and Limbo..........

NEC finish above your beloved Vitesse........ :rotl::monkey:

just look at the stats CF.

i'll just mention the top 4 Teams and how many Games each Team scored a goal in the 90+ Minute time period which gave them the reward of 1 or 3 points.

Arsenal-3 times,5 points gained.

Chelsea-1 time,3 points gained.

Liverpool-3 times,7 points gained.

Man Utd-1 time,1 point gained.

so the stats show that Liverpool gained the most points in the 90+ period while MU gained the least......

stick that in your pipe and smoke it..... :neener:

BTW.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7401795.stm

the only thing MU didn't win this Season was young player of the Year...........

gotta give someone else a chance......

this is an interesting article.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7401762.stm

so Cole thinks Messi is better because of 2 Games in which he and Barcalona failed to score... :hmmm:

Messi has not had the greatest of Seasons while Ronaldo has turned it on in many more Games.

Archived