FOOTBALL SEASON 07/08

sayjann

Rather than make up facts based on your own preconcieved prejustice why not look closer to home.

In four games, Everton, Villa, Wigan and Bolton Chelsea have had a one goal advantege and conceded a late equaliser. Now if Chelsea had been able to concentrate until the end in just 2 of those four games they would be champions by 2 points. That is what cost you the league.

Drogba's View

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Avram Grant doesn't seem too pleased with Steve Bennett's performance for United this year. Getting to like Avram these days :thumbup:

"Chelsea manager Avram Grant has risked the wrath of the Football Association by questioning the integrity of referee Steve Bennett.

Bennett was in charge of Manchester United's last match of the season at Wigan on Sunday where goals from Cristiano Ronaldo and Ryan Giggs clinched a 10th Premier League title for Sir Alex Ferguson.

But the official came under fire for failing to award Wigan a penalty and then opting not to send off midfielder Paul Scholes for a second foul on Wilson Palacios.

Although the Chelsea boss continued to congratulate United on their title success, he called Bennett's integrity into question and said he was happy no English referee would be in charge of next week's Champions League final against Ferguson's side.

'I can say that after the game we won against Manchester United to get level on points, we knew that they had to play West Ham at home and Wigan away and that it was not in our hands,' said Grant.

'I told you that I believed in the tradition of the fair English game. I will not say anything against it. But what happened is what I expected.

'In England there are very good referees, but there are some - a few that you can influence, like you saw.

'I think in our game against Manchester United at Old Trafford, the referee (Mike Dean) influenced the result for sure. We know that.

'I think the red card for Mikel John Obi in that game should not have been a red card, I think that Paul Scholes should have had a red card on Sunday and Wigan a penalty also. But it is finished. I congratulate Manchester United.'

But when asked if he was pleased an English referee would not be in charge of the final in Moscow, Grant replied: 'I can say it like this, 'Yes'."

Colonels' awards 2008)

Arsenal player of the season: Gael Clichy

Most improved Arsenal player: Emmanuel Adebayor

Arsenal flop of the season: Emmanuel Eboue

Arsenal player you'd most like to see sold: Emmanuel Eboue

Arsenal player youâ??d most like to see sold who isnâ??t Emmanuel Eboue: Lucas Fabianski (heâ??s worrying me already)

Arsenal goal of the season: Adebayor at White Hart Lane (15.09.07)

Most painful event: that game at Anfield

Moment of the season from an Arsenal player: Theoâ??s run to set up Adebayor in the Champions League second leg at Anfield.

Best Premiership player (outside the Emirates): Cristiano Ronaldo, who single handedly won the title for Man U

â??Most excited aboutâ?? award for the 2008/2009 campaign: Theo Walcott

Most important information for Arsene to take on board this Summer: employ a defensive coach

Second most important information for Arsene to take on board this Summer: open the fucking cheque book

Marks out of ten for Arsenal this season: 7.5 â?? â??a very good season with significant improvement from the previous campaign. However, further concentration and diligence is required for this team to fully realise its considerable potentialâ?Â.

Rather than make up facts based on your own preconcieved prejustice why not look closer to home.

In four games, Everton, Villa, Wigan and Bolton Chelsea have had a one goal advantege and conceded a late equaliser. Now if Chelsea had been able to concentrate until the end in just 2 of those four games they would be champions by 2 points. That is what cost you the league.

Did you not see the smiley on my quote? :neener: ....

Drogba's View

only 2 Games during the Season when MU lost points after leading with 10 Minutes to go.

Chelsea and West Ham away.

4 points won at the 80 Minute mark but ended up with 1 point at the end of the game.

but not a case of MU looking to holding on for a win or draw.

unlike Chelsea MU still attack when ahead and look for Goals,just look at the Goal Difference at the end of the Season.

that is what worries me about the CL Final.

if Chelsea score first then they will put 10 men behind the ball and try to see out the game.

but if MU get the 1st Goal they will keep trying for the 2nd Goal.

that's been posted before LG.

you can tell it's old when it features Liverpool still in the CL.

FAC Final soon and while i live in Portsmouth i am desperate for them to lose.

Cup fever has hit the City and it pisses me off.

people who have never been interested in Football their entire lives and never ever seen Portsmouth play are fighting for tickets.....

never interested during the dark days that Pompey went through but want to have a day out today............i hate that.

chatting to some prat who i work with who hasn't been to see Pompey play for 30 Years moaning about the ticket allocation for each Team.

he was going on about the fact it was disgusting that other Teams got tickets for the Final.

i disagreed with him as a lot of Teams take part in the Competition,make it what it is and deserve a ticket or 2.

the allocation for each Team is higher than their average league attendance.

why shouldn't the little Teams get some tickets?.

I see that Steve Coppell has taken a wage drop and has agreed to stay on at Reading, what a lot of people dont know is that he was midway through a round of golf on the eastern seaboard when he made the decision to stay on and made the call to madjeski. Funny last night when it was announced on Sky News around 2PM UK time since the pictures showed the Reading fans with heads in hands at Derby just after they got relagsted with the caption "Coppell agrees new deal" Steve was in the bar with us at the time and got a bit of stick about pissing off the royals fans, all in good jest.

12 hours until kick off and I am excited about tonight game Bring it on!

My daughter told me this morning that 'some man' is coming to their school next week to teach them goalkeeping. Curious about this I asked the teacher what this is about.

Turns out some chap called Manuel Almunia is going to give a goalkeeping demonstration to the kids and us dads are allowed to go along and take a penalty against him.

Fecking easy, he's crap.

Archived