FOOTBALL SEASON 07/08

sayjann

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hull City in the Premiership and Grant Sacked.

Bad Bad mistake, I think that Grant did an excellent job at Chelsea this Season, when he took over from Jose I don't think anyone would have thought he could take the premiership to the last day of the season and not only get Chelski to the Champions League Fianl come within a hairs breadth of winning it! It looks like a similar kne jerk reaction will be happening at Eastands as well with SGE on his way.

Which world class manager would be interested in either post, the two clubs are similar in the fact that they have owners of questionable wealth trying to buy sucess and interfering too much.

As for Hull City, well it must be fantastic for Nick Barmby and Dean Windlass being back in the Premiership with their hometown club, with the later scoring the goal that got them to the top level in their 104 year history, but I fear for them next year, I suspect Derby County's record may be broken. Could be interesting to see if United continue the loan spell for Frazier Campbell with Hull, continue the loan and get him 12 Months in the top flight the same they did with Ben Foster at Watford, I hope they do.

Hull City in the Premiership and Grant Sacked.

Which world class manager would be interested in either post, the two clubs are similar in the fact that they have owners of questionable wealth trying to buy sucess and interfering too much.

Same as Man USA then

but the Glazers don't get involved that much.

probably a lot going on behind the scenes but nothing like the influence Roman has.

Grant would have gone even if had won the quadrouple.

he got the job because he was at the Club at the time and it would have been unethical if Chelsea had gone for a Manager already employed.

his number was marked from Day 1.

European Teams have a tendancy to hire top Coaches for a Season or 2 and Chelsea knew they would get the chance of a 'big' name during the summer.

but Mourinho had had a successful period with Porto before going to Chelsea but he never fulfilled Roman's demands.

Football has changed so much in the last few Years and Foreign investors are demanding instant success and that doesn't happen that often.

Jol done a reasonable job at Spurs and the Team improved but he was ousted because he never won the PL and CL.

Moyes and O'Neill are improving their Teams,it shows that it takes a little patience to achieve certain things.

it took Fergie 4 Years to win his 1st Trophy and 7 Years to win his first PL.

i wonder which way the fortunes of MU would gone if had been sacked in 1990?.

and Wenger has beeen given the chance to build Teams good enough to win many English Trophies.

but the Glazers don't get involved that much.

probably a lot going on behind the scenes but nothing like the influence Roman has.

Grant would have gone even if had won the quadrouple.

he got the job because he was at the Club at the time and it would have been unethical if Chelsea had gone for a Manager already employed.

his number was marked from Day 1.

European Teams have a tendancy to hire top Coaches for a Season or 2 and Chelsea knew they would get the chance of a 'big' name during the summer.

but Mourinho had had a successful period with Porto before going to Chelsea but he never fulfilled Roman's demands.

Football has changed so much in the last few Years and Foreign investors are demanding instant success and that doesn't happen that often.

Jol done a reasonable job at Spurs and the Team improved but he was ousted because he never won the PL and CL.

Moyes and O'Neill are improving their Teams,it shows that it takes a little patience to achieve certain things.

it took Fergie 4 Years to win his 1st Trophy and 7 Years to win his first PL.

i wonder which way the fortunes of MU would gone if had been sacked in 1990?.

and Wenger has beeen given the chance to build Teams good enough to win many English Trophies.

Dont you believe it, the glazers have a LOT of input, who wouldnt when you have stumped that sort of money into the team. The difference is that they are low-key where as Roman isn;t.

Thats the problem these days, people want instant success, Grant was finding his feet and I will be the first to say that I didnt welcome his appointment. However he has done well considering and given another season I think we would take us somewhere....now it feels like we are back to square one.

I wonder how much input Scheva & drogba had in his dismissal, from what I understand they didnt get on particarly well with Grant....

Anyhow, another season beckons and if we go one better, we'll have the treble :)

Grats to Hull City, though your going back down....

Archived