FOOTBALL SEASON 07/08

sayjann

Of course we'll get over it..

I reckon he's just using the Dein saga as an excuse to piss off, and I really do wonder what transpired between Wenger and Henry last year when he was told he wasn't fit and wouldn't be playing. Even when he was playing last year at times looked very disinterested,and not the sort of attitude you want from your skipper. He seemed a shadow of the player he was before the World Cup. So maybe its time to part, albeit too cheaply..

Pity its ending like this tho', in a sulk - how very French, not showing the class and loyalty of Bergy..

Cheers

K.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no problem.

i don't ever recall saying anything really nasty about any 1 Team or Player,except maybe Leeds.

but it's ok,i'll just not mention Arsenal Football Club,Mr.Wenger or any other employee of Arsenal Football Club......i will give them the utmost respect in future.

i suppose that means i should refrain from replying to any post from an Arsenal Football Club supporter in future.... :closemouth:

yes, its certain now...I m more worried by the bigger picture. We need Mr Wenger to stay. the board need to do everything in their power to make him stay.

He is not motivated by money. On the plus side, I dont really think he would want to go somewhere like Real Madrid. His ambition is to transform Arsenal into the best club in Europe. He has nurtured so mnay younfg players who are starting to show their potential. I dont think he will walk away from this as his job ios only half done. Yes he hasnt commited to another contract, but he never does. LAst time he didnt sign his new contract until a month before his his old contract expired.

This is the way he works. I m hedging my bets that he will stay.

Lets be pragmatic about this fellow Gooners. He didnt make a mistake getting rid of P Viera IMHO. This is good business. AT the end of next season Henry will be 31. He has already played his best football a Arsenal and brought us success. He was plagued by injuries and these are the sort of injuries that can come back again and again.

My thinking is that Wenger saw this, and has cashed in now. I know this is what happened.

Now we have 16 million. another bad season from henry with injuries would have brought his value down all the more.

Wenger is bein pragmatic. Who will doubt him replacing Henry? I m not, yet anyway. We might not get someone who will score all those goals, but we moght have 3 strikers who score 15-20 each a season. RvPersie will be one, Bendtner may come into his own and he will buy a class striker with the money.

The real problem for Arsenal is not the front two, its the midfield. We havent repaced the 16 goals each a season that Pires and Lgjungberg were getting. Rosicky and Hleb havent done it. I think Rosicky will get more next year.

Rv Persie last season was the player with the second best strike rate. He got more goals than anyone else(bar one) per minutes on the pitch.

And as far as Dein goes, watch this space. I think we need to get Hillwood out and Lady Bracewell. If Fizman, and Stan Kroenke team up then I think Dein will be back. Those guys have the resources to take Arsenal to the top again. I m confident of it...

Sayjann, you have my permission to reply to this Gooner :D

Chocolate Steve? How long is it going to take you to recover from this ordeal? :)

I'm gutted. I hear older gooners talk about how they felt they were hit with a hammer when Liam Brady letf for Juve and Henry is my 'Liam Brady' but no player is bigger than the club. In a strange way I'm eerily excited about what Wenger and the club will do. Who they'll buy and how we'll do next season.

Man Yoo lost RVN and won the title so anything is possible.

The EPL and Aresnal are worst off with his leaving and for my money is the best Arsenal player ever. Its been Cesc's team anyway on the pitch if not officially so we will move on.

I'd love to get Anelka back but it won't happen as long as Wenger is there. We may shock a few people and do suprisingly well next season.

van Persie had 11 goals in January. He'd have challenged for the golden boot had he stayed healthy. Henry was out half the season anyway. And as I stated man poo sold their top scorer and survived.

I welcome all who sound the death knell. Arsenal will survive...always have, always will.

Don't mind the banter and football inflames passions so its always a sensitive thing getting stick when your club is down. I personally don't care but can understand some supporters of any club feeling offended. Free forum and free speech I say but will say that Sayjann himself has also been a bit sensitive as well in the past to things said about his club, my being the recipient of that. So to be fair SJ you have not taken it as well as you've given it as well.

The pluses of Henry staying are obvious and no need repeating. However, on some of the Arsenal forums some have said that its possible he may no longer be able to go a 38 match season as he's getting more injury prone. 16 mil seems low to me but not bad for a 30 y.o. Man Yoo only got 10 mil for RVN. Its said that Henry hasn't been the best captain and had he stayed would not have provided the leadership necessary to win a title over the long haul of a season. Also, he was a huge personality on the team and the team needed to develop without that personality. And its possible players were intimidated by him with his stares when a pass went wayward. Truth be told, Gilberto has been a better captain when he's worn the armband and led by example.

We lost Wright, Anelka, Petit and Overmars in a fairly short span of time and went on to break english records. Arsene knows.

Apparently Henry has said in an interview that one of the reasons he has decided to go is that Arsene has told him that he won't be staying once his contract expires at the end of next season.

Big changes for the Gunners, maybe they should grab Neil Warnock before some other club does :smirk:

Archived