direct bus from Nongkhai to Rayong

persil

Anyone have any idea how often that leaves NK?

I'm trying to help a lao friend who has very little thai experience to go to Bang Saen for a few days near the sea. She suggested maybe Jomtien or Hua Hin, but I think that's outside her budget, and she would probably enjoy Bang Saen more.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep - I've consulted my lady that knoweth. A bit of a Thai answer. She's eating and talking at the same time. God it's annoying...

In Nong Khai, book through the company called '407'. She believes it leaves 3 times a day. Night time at about 8. Takes 13 hours to get down here. (Chew, chew, Mmm, Mmmm)

She suggest that a better way is to take '407' to Bangkok Morchit and then change to 'Nok Air' (the bus service not 'plane) because the Nong Khai to BKK service is faster than direct to Rayong. Nok Air buses are really good and comfortable as well. (Chew, chew, Hmmm, Hmmm, gurgle, gurgle)

Also suggests getting the bus from Nong Khai to Udon Thani and then flying to Swampypoom. (Cough, splutter, chew, chew) I think that would be too much messing around though and, as you say, budget restricts.

Sporty, there're bus lines from Rayong to Chiang Mai, Korat and Nong Khai, from Korat and Nong Khai you can change bus and go to most bigger places in Isaan, from CM to other places up north.

Googled a little and found this from Korat

Nong Khai (air) 23 189 356 12:00, 14:30, 23:00 every hour - 03:00

Rayong (air) 267 201 345 09:40, 12:00, 23:00

Rayong (fan) 267 112 345 02:30, 04:00, 05:00 every 30

minutes - 20:00

Link

I don't know how updated the info is, but at least gives an idea how frequent the buses are.

Still I think the answer to the asked question is NO.

Nong Khai, is very small, excluding the daytime hourly service to Udon Thani and Vientiane,Laos, few COACH buses arrive and leave daily, about 20or 30 most to BKK, and a few to Chaing Mai, with stops along the way. I have used Buses to and from Nong Khai, half a dozen times.

Now, if you leave Nong Khai, on the way to BKK (south), 1st stop is Udon Thani, MUCH BIGGER Bus Hub, maybe a direct one south from there,or stay on and change later in Korat, without going to BKK.

Try Chan Tour ..... Tel : 02 618 7418(bkk), or . 042 343 403(udon) or 042 412 195(nong khai... i think)

The gf says 407 is crap, although I saw a brand new two deck 407 bus on the Khon Kaen- Udon Thani highway a few days ago.

Buses go to Khorat and up the mountains via road 304 and 331. I just drove this road to/from Udon-Pattaya a few days ago. Plenty of buses underway.

I've gone direct from Nong Khai to Pattaya twice, direct.

It left late afternoon and got in early the next morning.

Both times it continued on Eastward, to where I do not know.

I don't know that changing buses is any big deal, I've done it all over Thailand with very limited Thai language skills.

Archived