direct bus from Nongkhai to Rayong

persil

Inter-provincial Transport

Apart from a Nong Khai â?? Bangkok bus service, the Nong Khai Bus Terminal also provides its service on other routes: Nong Khai â?? Rayong (both ordinary and air-conditioned), and ordinary buses on the Nong Khai â?? Loei, Nong Khai â?? Nakhon Phanom, and Nong Khai â?? Udon Thani routes. Contact the Nong Khai Bus Terminal, Tel. 0 4241 1612.

Trains are available from Nong Khai to Udon Thani, Khon Kaen, and Bangkok three times a day. Contact the Nong Khai Railway Station,

Tel. 0 4241 1582.

Link

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the info guys,

will be in the area myself next week for a few days.

Had planned on hiring a car and driving up, but on reflection, really don't think I can afford to "waste" the valuable hours that it would take.

So, now thinking...

Fly to Udon...Nok Air 12.30 dep D/M

Hire a car at the airport for 3 days

Drive to N K and do the local sights and family visits.

Back to Udon... fly to Bkk (has to be D/M from what I can see...Swampy poom would have been better)

...Then Taxi to Pattaya, for the weekend

Question for the locals......

Is there any better way (as in more time efficient) to cover this itinerary???

Thanks in advance

Cheers DS

The only fault I can find is that you may get a car cheaper in Nong Khai shopping around the travel agents/guest houses; so if $ concern you just grab the airport "limousine" to Nong Khai which will drop you at your hotel. Think it was 200B Christmas just gone.

You could also only take the car the days you need it, no need for it in Nong Khai, it's small and tuktuks are cheap.

Thanks J2,

I need a car cos we're going to "the Vill' and it's about an hours drive from NK

I'm a tad wary of "Cheap" hires.....think I'll stick to Avis, Hertz etc....yeah a few $$$$ more...but I'm more at ease with the Insurance cover these guys offer.... Avis quoting approx 5k Bt for a Honda Civic, 1.7l auto (3 days)...so even if an extra 100$, I feel it's worth it.

Thanks for your comments

Cheers DS

That's all a matter of convenience. I like the idea of driving around myself, since I can stop and get out wherever I feel like, and explore the countryside too. Car rental is relatively cheap here. Especially if you're not alone (i have an inkling that DC may have company), it is much more fun exploring without a tuktukdriver hanging around all the time.

Thalenoi,

thanks....saw that one....but looking at Nok Plus....cos "We" have a shit load of "Stuff" "WE" have to take home!!!

Nok + is only 550 Bt extra p.p. one way and gives 30kg luggage p.p. (c/f 15kg economy)

Excess baggage 50Bt/kg...make Nok + look like a good deal

Now in doubt about Pattaya anyway....seeing CT and others are not gunna be there.... maybe just stay up north a couple of extra days....

...If anyone's around that part of the country... send me a PT if you wanna catch up for an Ale or 2

Thanks again

Cheers DS

Thanks sporty,

but think I'm resigned to ...sleeping on the floor for a few days....

I'm told...have 2 ....separate rooms....can't stay together...WTF!!!!!!!

...so I said we can only stay for half a day....lol...

...maybe after a couple of nights on the floor...I'll have to sneak into town....for a foot massage.....well maybe "Half a foot"....555555

Cheers DS

How about sight seeing...

On the road to Tha Bo, west along the river, there is one of the most scenic temples, I have seen out of hundreds.

Its about 30 or 40 minute drive. TWO temples, near to each other, one up on the hill, not bad, but the better one, is just beyond, riverside.

Archived