Daytime in Angeles City?

CDN

Hi, fellow board members.

I'm planning my first trip to Angeles and I'd like to know what types of daytime activities are available.

Are there any movie theaters, shopping districts, malls, or daytime excursion attractions in or near Angeles?

Of course I'm using the Internet to get info, but I'd appreciate your recommendations, too.

Cheers,

-CDN

Plenty of daytime bars there, not bad places to meet expats actually as a lot tend to keep away from the nightlife other than on special occasions.

My daytime activities there, and this is a couple of years out of date, consisted of taking a jeepney into the city to buy pirate DVDs or going over to the San Fernando Mall for a little light shopping.

Get the early bus to Subic Bay and spend the day on the beach in front of one of the hotels there.

Lots and lots of things to do in LOS during the day time.

One of the suttle things I like doing is watching the river flow backwards.

I enjoy the museums, even the forensic museum. There is one museum that has a giant, upright phallic that I suspect is 10 feet tall. I have tried for years to get a picture of that, but the museum's people always seem to be the wise of me when I am there.

Even shopping such as at the Siam Paragon, can be an overloading day trip. There are huge numbers of markets were almost anything is available for sale.

What is nice about Bangkok is that it is changing. If you spend a year just checking everything out, once done, you could start all over again because everything has changed.

And while doing the various activities, there is the food. Some days I only eat Thai food, but other days it could be just about anything else. And do not forget the various beverage stands. The ones I really like are the street vendors who sell the orange juice. As for juices, you can find almost any kind of juice possible. The one I find corny is corn juice.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived