Who Will be Next President of the USA?

McBif

What astonishes me is that Bush is so arrogant that he doesn't care how he looks. I mean, this rivals the behavior of a third world dictator. What I also don't understand is that the US citizens aren't outraged over this disgusting behaviour. It is like Bush is taking a dump in public without being ashamed. He is crapping all over democracy here!!! :shocked:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 years later...

Just stumbled onto this thread. It was listed as a "Similar Topic" at the bottom of the thread: 'new content.' How does this similar topic algorithm work?

Interesting to read all the pre '08 predictions with the knowledge of hindsight. A small gaggle of snips below. :)

There was almost a consensus that Obama was unelectable. And the first poster had no idea at that point in time just how phony Edwards would turn out to be. And of course, the sole person to call it correctly was not an American, it was a German. :)

My prediction: Alpocalypse Gore. Because why? Because the American electorate just isn't gonna go for a Bush-Clinton-Bush-Clinton scenario; because Hillary is, well, Hillary; because it will soon become apparent to the electorate that Obama is a fart in a bottle; because McCain is a Republican and not even a media darling rogue Republican is gonna get elected for a long time (and McCain is getting too old); Edwards is too transparently a phony...

If Gore runs, he can win again.

Giuliani, because he's corrupt enough. :shifty:

Final candidates

For Republicans: Fred Thompson and Rudy Guiliani

(too close to call)

For Democrats: Hillary Clinton

Winner: toss up depends on a. the immigration bil

b. the economy c. the war in Iraq

And which party is hel responsible :sad:

Funny nobody mentioned Bloomberg!

Obama would be my choice, heard him speak twice - quite impressive and so is his vita.

But than again - I am a kraut and happy with Angie!

MaW

Fred Thompson :thumbup: The US wants another Reagan Type

Rudy: has too much baggage

Hillary: like the OP said she's Hillary

Obama: US won't vote in a Black Prez

Gore: Too fucking dumb

McCain: Too fucking old

MHO you Left-wingers don't get pissed

Rudy is an ex-gangster by the sounds of it (which puts him in with a chance scarily enough), Hillary is just dull, nuts and REALLY irritating, Obama isn't white (always a problem for the majority of whites who are covertly racist). Gore is an ego maniac, but has a shot. McCain sounds like he makes oven chips, which is never a good thing. The others (are there others?) i don't know of.

Edwards has the best chance. Not saying he's the best candidate but he has the best chance against just about anyone the Republicans can mount.

Guiliani has the best chance to distance himself from Bush and the party and having people buy it. Problem for him is he's not conservative enough for the extreme wing of the party. McCain seems to have gotten closer to Bush in terms of perception than he did in '00. His age is cited on here but I am not sure if its going to be a big of an issue as it was for Reagan.

Hilllary is such a polarizing figure, I don't see how she can win. Her nomination will be the best thing for Republicans.

The Dems are making it hard for themselves. Bush is handing them the election by being himself but they may find a way to lose it.

My guess is they'll win it and it will be Edwards...but its a guess.

The Dems could well blow it, doubt Hillary and or Obama can win...too many closet racists out there, frankly, I don't really like Hillary...Someone mentioned Collin Powell...no way, he is too close to the dirt and the Iraq mess...oh, and he's black.

See who the Libertarians run...

Sadly it is set up so that the average man has no chance to really even run.

Oh and Ralph? Not a chance.

Obama? Not a Muslem in the next 100 years. They are still blaimed (right or wrong) will 50% of American problems.

Hilary? No, she is just too hateable.

Gore? Likely not dumb enough to run again.

Guli? Maybe, has a fair shot esp if he came out against BC and got the heart land voter.

Romnie? Doubt it, though he may be the best choice GOP wise.

Archived