Comming From Iraq...

TheCorinthian

I know a guy in DC who'd pay like a billion dollars for some WMD - maybe even just a photo or trace of physical evidence? Or not, I guess.

You may not believ it but there is a lot of evidance of it. Several thousand dead people via Saran and Mustard to be honest. Makes is a realy bother digging them up.

I don't know whether to be more or less disappointed in my government, in that case. So they DID find the WMD, but couldn't figure out how to tell anyone? That would be even worse than not finding it in the first place.

By the way, I certainly don't mean to make this a comment about the guys who are there now, the ones who are doing their best in what must be an unimaginably tough situation. Just a comment on the president and his goons and their propensity for criminal lies, that's all.

cheers, hope your time out of Iraq is most enjoyable!

YimSiam :)

I had an XO who sent home an unregistered M-16 from VN. He took it apart and wrapped it to look like a hilltribe crossbow. When an Army postal clerk started looking too closely, he happened to mention that he'd already been picked up for promotion to captain. (God knows why.) The clerk let it go. That same LT also stole the CO's .45 and sent it home.

:beer:

But I suspect a PFC might have some problems.

Steve (now deceased), who used to own the 3 Roses in NEP, mentioned once that when he used to fly choppers into Iraq he used to smuggle stuff in and out. He reckoned he had buried a load of guns (can't remember if M16 or AK47) somewhere in Southern Iraq but never managed to find the opportunity to get them out.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived