have you had a tooth abscess before, agony?

junglesoup

Guys, I just want to say that I think this tooth abscess which is right in at the root is fucking hell. Theres not escaping the pain...

My right jaw is sticking out and it feels like I have apingpong ball inside my mouth along the jaw bone. Its throbbing and just going straight to my head. My necks sore, cant really open my mouth too wide. Got some strong penicillin so I hope this will take the infection out.

Whats making it worse is that I have a widom tooth coming up so there is alot of pressure...

I think its one of the worst pains I ve had...The wisdom tooths coming up and the gum is broken so I think this is why its got infected...

Anyone had this before...?

JS,

Get it sorted ASAP.

As I have mentioned on a Dentist thread in the health section I am undergoing a major oral reconstruction at the moment, visiting my dentist for a couple of hours every Saturday has become routine, I made a promise to the wife as a New Years Resolution that I would get my teeth sorted once for all.

Umpteen hours and a few hundred thousand Baht later I am nearly there .... was it worth it Hell Yes, when I was working 12 weeks on 3 weeks off in the Middle East it caught up with me, who wants to visit a dentist when there are 3 weeks of hedonism on the menu?

IMHO A trip to the dentist does not hurt, but maybe I have become immune to it, but still better to get it resolved now rather than waiting too long like I did.

Yeah man,

I m just goin to get the wisdom tooth out because it seems to be a reoccuring point of infection with gum under stress...

I got a root canal out about 6 weeks ago, and the dentist said that should sort it. He was wrong...Cheers for the advice, probably the best thing to do...

An abscess tooth is tough!

I went thru it and did not understand what it was about.

Used to sip peppermint schnoops to ease the pain.

Finally the pain stopped (the root was dead as well as the nerve).

Two years later, upon a trip to the dentist for a check up, the dentist said, "...you had an abscess tooth here!".

OK, now that explained the pain.

A few more trips to the dentist and what not, got it all sorted out and good to go.

Just one of the things you don't get taught in school.

Yep, I've had similar, your dentist won't be able to treat the tooth until the infection is controlled so get yourself down there, and on antibiotics and pain control ASAP. In my experience the antibiotics work pretty quick, resist the urge to have the problen sorted 'once and for all' with an extraction, unless your tooth is rotten it can be saved, and it's cheaper and better than an implant.

I`ve recently been to the dentist also,after a long gap of about 10 yrs ...didn`t want to but the pain from a rotten tooth is hard to ignore.By the way,anyone tried to register for NHS treatment here in the UK,I tried and its furkin impossible in my neck of the woods...so have had to pay...120 quid for a root filling that took about 10 mins in the chair...no wonder the guy drives a new 5 series BMW...cancelled my next appmt.and ope to get some cheapo dental work done in Pattya in the Autumn.

Yeah man,

I m just goin to get the wisdom tooth out because it seems to be a reoccuring point of infection with gum under stress...

I got a root canal out about 6 weeks ago, and the dentist said that should sort it. He was wrong...Cheers for the advice, probably the best thing to do...

I had the far back molar get infected...previously (maybe 6 months or so) I had had a root canal done, cost me $1000++ out of my pocket (that is WITH insurance). The infection got so bad, it had to come out anyway, which needless to say pissed me off! I had it done here in SFO, if that makes a difference.

I have also had a root canal and crown done in LOS, cost me about $500 out of my pocket, submitted the bill to my insurance and got $250 back...and guess what? years later, no problems!

Get sorted ASAP before the infection spreads and you have more problems and expenses!

Yes, take the meds to get rid of the infection. Then get tooth taken care of. I had one that got infected and I got meds. then let it go.. Came back ten fold in the pain. Plus being on the road all the time then trying to find a denist. Better luck finding a cherry girl on soi 6.

Archived