have you had a tooth abscess before, agony?

junglesoup

Had to have a wisdom tooth removed once while I was on holiday in Ireland - the pain started on the flight over there. No antibiotics prior to the extraction, but meds after. I'm sure I drank my way through it.

It was in Malahide, which is not exactly a third world village, but I won't forget it. It was like the dentist put a monkey wrench in my mouth. The tooth kept breaking, which made matters more unpleasant. My face was pretty bruised up from it.

Next time I had to have one extracted, I opted for general anesthetic. I guess I'm a pussy. :D

• 4 weeks later...

F..king painful but antibiotics sort it fast and I always have some handy just in case I have the same thing again. The good thing, the tooth actually died (nerve that is) so the dentist later just drilled it without an injection to get rid of the puss. If it's at the back pull the bugger is my advice - but they won't touch it until the antibiotics take effect.

Apparently in the UK there is an NHS number you can dial and they will fix you up with a dental appointment in your area - but if you phone the dentists direct like a six months wait. Also dental hospitals for free but may be seen to by a student (means they will take three or four times as long as a proper dentist but I did get loads of work done for free years ago)

I lived thru an abcess.

Not fun!

I had been to the dentist a few weeks earlier and he had put in a large filling. A few weeks later, a hell of a lot of pain in that tooth.

I was busy or whatever and sucked on peppermint schnaps to kill the pain, which it did quite well!

I later returned to the dentist and sorted it out.

I did not have to have the tooth removed, they did a root canal (remove the dead nerve) and put a cap on the tooth. Problem solved!

They are the worstest thing on gods earth, luckily in Thailand you can just go to pharmacist and get some Penicillin for the infection and a heady combination of Percocet, Xanex, Diazapam and Leo to send you to never never land whist you wait for the antibiotics to kick in

As an adult i have cried twice, once when Man United got beat in the semi finals of the CL by Bayer fucking Leverkusen, the other time was from an abscess

Archived