Lampang 'opportunities'

radioman

Looking for some information about Lampang from any that might have something to share. For various reasons, not relevant here, a few friends and me are planning a three or four day trip to Lampang on matters somewhat unrelated to sanuk, however, since we are all Thailand resident and to a man unrepentant sexual terrorists we are hoping to enliven our stay.

Our first impression was that horse cart rides and a trip to the lignite power plant were the most we could expect and were therefore planning to spend much of our sanuk time in Chiang Mai. Subsequently a Thai contact has advised one of our group that Lampang has much to recommend it. Apart from some brief comments about a ranch outside of town where local monied boys fly up and spend a weekend at an all inclusive price there have been remarks about restaurants and bars in Lampang loaded to the gunnels with lasses looking to party.

What my friends and me would really like to know is information about specific places or even just comments as to what if any of what we are hearing is true.

Do you know Lampang? What can you bring to the discussion. Can we add this town to the list of growing sanuk-able places outside BKK.

Eager souls await your input.

Cheers

M.

I spent almost an entire night there a couple of years ago. Stayed at the Wiengthong Hotel, which was a dump but seemed to be in a fairly central location. I wasn't really looking for ladies, since I went there to visit one. A brief walkabout only revealed a couple of bars - one quiet one across the street and an open-air bar a block down to the left, with live entertainment. Apart from a couple of ladies in the band, I didn't see much and just hung out for a couple of beers.

When I met my lady friend in the morning, we quickly took off for Chiang Mai. I'm certain the town is large enough to have its local scene or brothels - I just didn't see anything in the immediate area where I was.

Watch your step for horse shit, that's about all I can tell you.

Ok guys,good stuff to note.

I am hearing good things about the Lampang River Lodge, they have several web addresses but all look to be the same place, have a look, http://lampang-river-lodge.th66.com/

At the several thousand baht a night they are asking it seems it might be a bit more than the Wiengthong. It is out of town but that is no concern since we will have several vehicles. Thai is no issue, 4 of our group have a combined 130 years in country, though for myself it counts for little we will not come unstuck in that respect. Just that none of us has much north country info to go on.

Any other ideas ?

Cheers,

M.

I stayed in a reasonably big hotel in the centre, may have been the Wienthong, where they had a kind of nightclub downstairs. I only poked my head around the corner, because I had company already, but usually, if they have a nightclub, they'll have on site p4p girls available (as i found in that big hotel in KhonKaen that everybody recommends).

Archived