CSLoxInfo ADSL is truly horrible. Any good ones?

Paillote

The last two years I have been subscribing to CSLoxInfo's ADSL service. In general it has been quite reliable, and had decent troughput. Not anymore. For the last 6 weeks daytime bandwith has just been a joke. A very bad joke. I mean good old dial-up is better. Speed-tests shows my download rates are in the 30-40 kbps range, and upload at around 300-400 (!) Guess most dont upload much. I have complained about this, and in the beginning I got some honest answeres that they where having some problems (conflict?) with their line provider. Could not tell when it was resolved, but they were aware of the problems. Lately they have just muttered some mumbo-jumbo and I have had enough. Will cancel tomorrrow. What strikes me is that they have not informed their customers or offered any compensation. I pay for 2Mb but get 35Kb. Blatant scam it is.

My previous experience was with TA (now True). They cut me off for 6 weeks (had to use dialup), and demanded full pay for that period. No argueing would make them change... The net is so full of horror stories about True that I am really reluctant to have anything to do with them again. Seems like the complaints have silenced lately, so maybe they have got their act together? Then again, maybe people are tired about complaining?

It looks like Buddy broadband seems to be quite good, but I dont know much about them? Anybody else knows? Anybody out there in Bangkok who is satisfied with their provider and use their line at _daytime_? Evenings are fine even with LoxInfo, but that is far from good enough :(

Paillote

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CSLox info went off completely for a few hours today...problems with telephone line provider (what the issue is, they don't say). I'm logged into my router always, so i check what i'm connecting at....i reboot the router regularly. Sometimes it will connect at 2 meg for a little while, then i get dropped and when i reconnect i'm back to 1 meg or thereabouts. They seem to have some system where people connecting at full rates are booted off the network. They are over subscribed and under invested, as per all Thailand networks be it mobile or internet. The country is so backward in this regard, monopolies running the show, no consumer rights or protection etc. No real competition.

The daytime bandwidth throttling is a long time feature of CSLox (they close all ports p2p applications use as well)...they are well known for it, but i agree it's gotten worse lately.

Whoever you use here is gonna suck...i guess it's really about who is the least shit.

Palliote - I highly recommend you get them to replace your ADSL port at the ADSL exchange. If your speeds are slow 24/7 then it is quite likely this is the problem.

I had a faulty port once I would get nearly exactly the same speed as you, 35kbps (slower than a 56k modem). Once it was fixed my speeds shot back up to 512kbps.

Archived