CSLoxInfo ADSL is truly horrible. Any good ones?

Paillote

Without wishing to spend hours looking at this, anyone know who has the best international connectivity in LOS? CSLox info looks like it's connecting via a 155 meg line to Singtel...and 555 meg to CAT for international bandwidth...which is pathetic. Even the 3g for local connectivity isn't great.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The tecnician from Buddy Broadband came today. I was told I need to cancel CSLoxInfo before I can use Buddy. This was not the case when I swtiched from my previous provider. Then I had an overlapping period without any problem. But ok, I guess they know what they talk about. I call CsLoxinfo to cancel my account. No problem, they can do it today if I want. But... the signal on the line will still be there for another 17 days. I ask if they can cancel my account and the signal at the same time. "No, can not do". Wtf? That is just unreal. Why can they not just keep my account active and disable it after they cut the signal? No way I can do without internet for 17 days. It is my bread and butter...

Another silly thing is that I found out both companies use the same line provider. If that translates to the same ridicoulous speed at daytime is yet to be seen, but I am afraid it will.

So anybody, dont use CSLoxInfo. You can check in, but never leave...

Paillote

Good question. I phrased myself unclear. It should have been "I hope they know what they are talking about". I guess they don't though...

Actually the Buddy Broadband technician lady on the phone seemed very knowledgeable and spoke good English. She was very service minded as well. A rare jewel. Kept her direct number :)

Paillote

CSLox info told me my signal was bad as it had rained a lot...last winter, when it hadn't rained for 3 months, i called them back and asked, so what's your excuse now? I reminded them of their previous bullshit. They were stumped. Now they just say it's the telcos fault....as they don't have to accept responsibility.

Let me know your experience of buddy broadband...i'm all for changing.

Faustian, here is my report:

The knowlegeable technician at ADC (I'm in love) was able to sort out my troubles with CSLoxInfo on my behalf. Suddenly they were able to disconnect me in one week, not seven. At least that is what they said, my CSLoxInfo connection is still working, but that did not stop the Buddy broadband connection from working. Have to smile at this. I said I was puzzled by this, but I expected they knew what they were talking about. To that one poster replied "Why on earth do you believe that?" Very good question... :smirk:

After some initial problems registering (Buddys website was down, but they corrected that shortly after I called), I am now a very happy camper. I am able to switch at will between my LoxInfo connection and my Buddy connection by altering my router settings. Comparing speeds is then very easy. Here is the score from speedtest.thaivisa.com

Buddy broadband:

Download Speed: 1944 kbps (243 KB/sec transfer rate) :thumbup:

Upload Speed: 416 kbps (52 KB/sec transfer rate)

CSLoxInfo:

Download Speed: 33 kbps (4.1 KB/sec transfer rate) :thumbdown:

Upload Speed: 297 kbps (37.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

What a difference! 1944kpps versus 33kbps!!! Just unbelievable. To CSLoxInfos credit, they have been very reliable. Hopefully Buddy will be as releiable and I expect it will, as the line provider is the same (ADC).

Paillote

I just tested my connection (via ThaiVisa's tester) using a Nokia 6110 as a USB modem for my laptop:

Download Speed: 170 kbps

Upload Speed: 42 kbps

My lappy says it connects at 460.8 Kbps. Better than CSLox! Certainly usable IMHO.

Cheers,

SD

• 1 month later...

Hi folks,

Important subject this as alot of people relay on good speeds for the work/business, so I'd like to keep this thread alive, and get some recommendations on who's good and who's not.

Who are you guys with and are you happy with the speeds your getting???

Will be looking for an ISP and i have narrowed it down now to Buddy and True?

Archived