Cultural Marriages in LOS

Ongchaiyai

I cannot beieve it! Do you condone kidnapping? :shakehead

It's not kidnapping when it's your f'ing child and the child goes willingly. When you go through the courts it is equivalent to sanctioned kidnapping for most men due to gender bias. I suggest you read the website below:

http://www.ncfmla.org/

When parents contest custody, courts give primary

physical custody to moms 90% of the time. (Cynthia

McNeely, â??Lagging Behind the Times: Parenthood,

Custody and Gender Bias in the Family Courts,â?Â

www.law.fsu.edu/journals/lawreview/frames/254/mcnefram.html.)

Myth: "Men are rarely victims of domestic violence."

Fact: Half of domestic violence ("DV") victims are

men. Although men are less likely than women to call

police, randomized sociological (behavior-based) research

consistently shows: (1) women initiate DV as often as men

do; (2) women use weapons and surprise more than men

do; and (3) about 38% of physically injured DV victims

are men. (www.csulb.edu/~mfiebert/assault.htm.)

Even the latest fact sheet from the Centers for Disease

Control (partly from crime-based data) states: "In the

United States every year, about 1.5 million women and

more than 800,000 men are raped or physically assaulted

by an intimate partner" (i.e., 36% of the victims are men).

(www.cdc.gov/ncipc/factsheets/ipvfacts.htm.)

Unfortunately, the DV industry has covered up female

violence for decades for purely ideological reasons.

(Kelly, Linda, "Disabusing the Definition of Domestic

Abuse; How Women Batter Men and the Role of the

Feminist State," 30 Fl. St. U. Law R. 791, 2003,

www.law.fsu.edu/journals/lawreview/downloads/304/kelly.pdf.)

It's not kidnapping when it's your f'ing child and the child goes willingly.

I call that hairsplitting. What you do is abduct a child without the mother's consent. And no, she doesn't get visiting rights, because she lives in another f'in country without, money and a visa. I guess child abduction sounds better to you.

I am sure though if you divorce a BG and pay a fancy lawyer, there are plenty ways within the confines of the law to paint her as a bad mother (former whore, no education, no money) if you're willing to stoop so low. I see no need for vigilante justice here.

Though not relevant at the moment, the issue is highly interesting to me.

What if we decide to split? We live in Norway. If we are on holiday in Thailand could she just split and keep the child?

What if we stay in Norway, could she get custody and move away?

Would I get the right to take the child away just because I'm Norwegian, if she decide to move to Thailand?

Children really complicate things, and the stake are so hight. House, money, car .. it's nothing compared to loosing a child.

If your wife decides to stay in Thailand, and take your child, you probably have to fight her for custody in the Thai courts. Thailand is not one of the countries that have signed Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction.

If she would fight you for custody in Norway, I have no idea what the odds are that the court awards it to her. I'm pretty sure though she can't move back to Thailand without your consent. Most courts place a high importance on letting children stay in their original habitat.

A more important question you have to ask yourself is, do you want to fight her for child custody?

I have asked myself the same question, and the answer for me is no. I have told my wife I would never come between her and our boy. I have waived my rights for parental custody. My wife is the sole custodian, and I have 100% faith in her parental abilities. If we ever divorce, she can do whatever she wants. Stay in the Netherlands, move to Thailand, it is up to her. I will not contest her.

I have a full time job, and simply can notgive the same care to him as she does. I am the provider. It seems the natural way for me, that she gets custody in case of a divorce and I will still provide.

Archived