JP Bar... yup, it rocks

Free2Fly

Lucky bastard, free2fly, wish I was there... I've had many a similar experience leaving the JP bar, here's one from a Trip Report:

"With the sky lightening, the girls propose moving the party [from JP bar]. We taxi to a building where the two tall girls share a room, and sit drinking foul Mekhong, smoking cigarettes and feeling the day coming up. The tall girls talk about their boyfriends, when theyâ??re coming back, blah blah blah, while the plump one has unzipped me and has her hands in my underwear: good girl, thatâ??s the way! Iâ??m ready to go back to the hotel, and they ask me who I want to take back with me. Suddenly, the tall ones are putting on the sell â?? thoughts of boyfriends seem to have vanished! After a momentâ??s hesitation (oh, the long lean legs, the fit young bodiesâ?¦), I grab Pompuey, who squeals in a nice way, and we head out into the bright morning. She borrows mamasanâ??s motorbike, and hands me a ridiculous plastic helmet, and weâ??re off along the little streets of Pattaya.

I love the breeze on my face on a Thai girlâ??s motorbike after a night of partying, on our way to finish the evening. Pattaya, Phuket, Chiang Mai, Iâ??m hooked. Itâ??s like weâ??ve got our little secret as we glide among the normal people â?? but we probably donâ??t have any secrets at all, they see from our clothes and our faces that weâ??ve been out all night, that Iâ??m here on holiday and that Iâ??ll be renting little Pompuey for the next few hours. Itâ??s one of the charms of Thailand that they still smile at me when they see this going on. God bless.

Close to the Penthouse, thereâ??s one last intersection, and everything goes into slo-motion: Iâ??m on the bike, my thoughts are clear, and Iâ??m telling Pompuey we canâ??t make the light, telling her to stop. The intersection seems not quite real, but I can see the other vehicles stopping for the red light - but not Pompuey, sheâ??s revving her little lady-bike. Iâ??ve got a hollow feeling as we race towards the empty intersection. Nothing else moves.

Iâ??ve seen these pictures so many times before: a mangled motorbike, one or two bodies half-covered by sheets, bemused cops standing around pointing at something or other while blood dries on the pavement. Fuck, fuck, fuck â?? this is my fate, Iâ??m going to die in Pattaya on the back of some hookerâ??s bike. Instant karma, payback for my whoring, my drinking, all the lies and deceit...

I expect to see or feel the Toyota Hilux that will take me to heaven in the intersection, but thank god thereâ??s nothing thereâ?¦ and just like that, the intersection is behind us and Pompuey reaches back to squeeze my side. Sheâ??s laughing. Fuck you, Pompuey. She brings the bike to a stop by half-crashing into the wall of Penthouse. Iâ??m pissed at her and almost decide to leave her at the doorâ?¦ but I calm down as I catch my breath and put on my innocent face for the girl at the check-in counter, the face that says: â??Good morning, Iâ??m a nice guy staggering back at 10 am with a 20 year old hookerâ?¦ Can I have my key?â? The great thing about Pattaya is that no one gives a fuck what time I come home, or who Iâ??m withâ?¦ so to hell with the innocent face."

(rest of the report is Mama Tried )

While JP is generally very peaceful, it does have its moments of violence sometimes, which can be impressive -- I've seen some truly amazing moments of farang idiocy around there in the morning, not to mention a number of impressive cat fights...

For those who live in Pattaya, any places to rival JP in the morning hours - say, after 6 am? Just curious, for my next visit it would be good to branch out a bit, broaden my horizons (and avoid some of the girls who I'd rather not run into again at that time of day...).

YimSiam :shocked:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not so much 'where' as 'when' - late afternoon to early morning it's an innocent little pool bar on a well-traveled foot soi, but from about 5 am until noon it's a vortex at the dark heart of Pattaya... Here's what you do: go to Marine 1 Disco, right up the escalator over Jenny Star Bar (look at the katoeys dance, but look away before you've looked too long); Marine is about the middle of Walking Street, seaside. When it closes around 3 or 4 or whenever, let yourself and your new friends be carried by gravity down the frozen escalator, across Walking Street and into the little Soi Lucky Star. (Ignore anyone carrying a snake or endangered primate on Walking Street -- there are certain creatures you'd rather not wake up with the next day, and lemurs and Jenny Star girls are among them.)

As you enter Soi Lucky Star, pause for five minutes and buy the Lucky Star girls a drink or two, the poor things deserve it with all the nonsense they see every day.

About twenty meters into Soi Lucky Star, on the right there's a bar with two pool tables - that's the one, JP Bar, but ignore it for now. Continue on to Marine 2 or that other place, Insomnia, until you get kicked out of there as well when they threaten to turn down the music and turn up the lights. It's now about 6 am or so, and time to take your girls to JP Bar, back in Soi Lucky Star, where the music is loud if not particularly inspired, where the pool game is on, where the toilet is still five baht, and where you can see yourself through to mid-morning...

Was that too confusing? Perhaps - in which case, you can't get there from where you are now.

YimSiam

Oh, and, almost forgot: if by sad chance you're still alone after trolling Marine 1 and 2, or if you've just kicked your planned LT out of the room for being a miserable starfish who won't shed her towel, or if you've finished the early bird buffet at your hotel and want a morning take-home girl, you can find what you need at JP. True, some may not do well by light of day, but on the other hand, there are some very exciting personalities in there from time to time, the kind of girls who really go the extra mile to make sure you're happy...

...and again last night, erm, this morning. :drunk::drunk::drunk:

...any places to rival JP in the morning hours - say, after 6 am? Just curious, for my next visit it would be good to branch out a bit, broaden my horizons (and avoid some of the girls who I'd rather not run into again at that time of day...).

Wondering if the same girls I'm currently trying to avoid there are same same?!? :smirk:

You're up early, F2F!

I've made a few pretty poor choices in there, so for your sake I hope they're not the same :) ... You're a strong man, still makin' it out ten days after your first JP experience!

A trip report on the way?

I'll say it again: lucky bastard!

YimSiam

Well, that was a great and amusing description and now I know exactly where it is. Thanks for that.

Don't know if I'll ever be awake to make it over there during that special "dark vortex" time but I'll certainly remember to at least look it over as I pass by from time to time.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't recommend JP Beer Bar if you're intent on stunners, try clubs earlier in the night for that... because hey, we all look a little past our best post a sleepless 6am. :cover:

JP is best for the fact that it's still open after all the other places have closed... [color:gray]and / or if you find your drugs are still seeing you flyin'.[/color] :ghost:

Archived