Soongmak Has the Most Appropriate Board Name

was_usvirgin

p.s. I wonder if anyone has taken into account the millions of SE Asian refugees and the many more millions of Mexican "immigrants". I'd like to see a breakdown of height by race/ethnic group. I'm only 181 cm, but my nephew is 188 cm. My dad was 175 cm and his father 173 cm. Looks to me like we are getting taller.

:dunno:

Lots of 100% Thai kids in my country are quite tall as well. Good parenting and diet, I guess, instead of fast food.

My Filipino nephew is a couple of inches taller than me now (maybe 6', 2"). He plays pro basketball in the Philippines. Didn't quite make it in the US, but he was good enough to play in college.

KS, this is :topic: , but I want to post it anyway because sometimes Thai parents get a bad rap. I posted the news elsewhere when it happened, and it still brings tears to my eyes when I see it.

It's about a Thai girl from California. My daughter played golf and competed with her since they were about the age of 7. Later, they competed as captains of opposing high school golf teams. Work didn't afford me the time to attend many of their tournaments. But, when I did I would walk the course with Jenny's dad or mom.

They would walk the course in the treeline, so as not to distract their daughter, or apply any pressure. Totally supportive parents of two kids who have a great future ahead of them (Yale and Stanford educations). I learned a lot from them about parenting. I never spoke with them about my experiences in Thailand, other than a beach vacation.

I was completely gutted when they died.

cached link - sorry - all I could find

Archived