Warning to everyone, HIV test came back positive...

junglesoup

look i'm not doing this to prove a point. i'm doing this because i honestly think the information can save his life.

and it's not quackery. these are serious well renowned scientists (even a noble price winner) that are putting forward an alternative hypothesis to the one that HIV is the cause of AIDS. The official hypothesis has to this day not been proven right.

it's up to him if he wants to find out more about it. and i don't want the thread to turn into some discussion wheter or not HIV is the cause of AIDS so i won't post here more if he doesn't wants me to.

And on the bright side, a report released a few weeks ago.

[color:green]

German Scientists Develop New Approach to Treating AIDS:

German scientists have succeeded in snipping the virus that causes AIDS out of human cells, leaving them healthy again.

The procedure is a breakthrough in bio-technology and fuels hope of a cure for AIDS.

The laboratory procedure removing the AIDS virus used an enzyme, said Joachim Hauber of the Heinrich Pette Institute for Experimental Virology and Immunology in Hamburg.

"We have rid the cells of the virus," Hauber said on Thursday. "No one else has done this before." He called it "a breakthrough in bio-technology."

Hauber said it was his "cautious" hope that a cure for AIDS could be found within 10 years.

Current therapies can only limit the spread of the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and not remove it from the body. HIV is a retrovirus that nests in the DNA or key genetic material of infected cells.

The Max Planck Institute for Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics in Dresden was the partner in the research, which will be reported in Friday's issue of the scientific journal Science.

Three years of experiments on mice were planned next, to be followed by tests on humans in Hamburg.

The scientists' method used the ability of so-called recombinase enzymes to cut strands of DNA at certain places like a pair of scissors and recombine the strands.

The new enzyme, Tre, always recognized the right spot to snip the DNA where the HIV started. The scientists said it recognized a characteristic HIV sequence that scarcely ever mutated.

Tre was adapted from an existing natural enzyme, Cre, which recognized similar genetic sequences.

The laboratories artificially evolved Cre into Tre through more than 120 recombinase generations. Hauber said the cell then flushed out the snipped-away DNA as waste.

"After that, it is healthy," Hauber said.

Any therapy, though, would require stem cells to be obtained from a patient's blood. They would then be treated in the laboratory and re-injected to regenerate a healthy immune system, Hauber said.

"It's high-tech medicine," Hauber said. "You couldn't just take a pill."[/color]

Source

Fingers crossed, Jungle Soup!

Hope you're holding up OK, oh and a belated happy birthday!

One of the things I noticed when my best friend came down with AIDS was the advent of what I came to cal "AIDS Vultures" people he didn;t previously know that well, who suddenly had all sorts of ideas and theories he should try, "IF HE WANTED TO LIVE"

After a time he reailzed they weren't trying to save his life, rather, they was trying to push their own agenda.

As Robert Mapplethorpe said (and I paraphrase)

"I am glad I am rich enough to afford the drugs, everyone who was poor that I fucked died, only the rich can afford to live as long as I have"

He died of course, but my best mate, hasn't.

DOG

It is unfortunate at best and criminal at worst when people with NO scientific background start spouting off that they know the truth about HIV and AIDS. :onfire:

Get your info from established peer reviewed journals and not some crackpots with a website. :soapbox:

Long time ago, when there were no retroviral drugs and HIV diagnostic was equivalent to death sentence. Today this is not the case.

The scenario today is that those who are taking retroviral drugs on a regular way and how is prescribed by the doctor do not die.

Many times, HIV affects to people with other problems: drug consumers, alcoholics, ... By definition these segments of population are problematic, it's very easy they 'forget' to take the drugs and it's damn easy they develop resistant virus, so they have to change medication all time. Today there are a lot of good combinations of retroviral drugs, so they have a next oportunity changing the drugs they are taking... and this keeps going for a while until they totally fuck up.

It is true that some of the retroviral drugs do have side effects, but today there are combinations that do not have any kind of side effects that would cause significative problems to the users. By definition ALL drugs (even Aspirine) have side effects, but in many cases those side effects are not important if you compare with the benefits the drugs are giving you.

Sorry' date=' just noticed, that this post was from 2005. Must have been reanimated after you posted this one.

[/quote']

Not to mention I posted this on the second page and said it was from 2 years ago. There is something to be said for reading a discussion before joining it :smirk:

Yessss Ssssir!

I promise to be better next time.

Oh how I love to be smartassed!

MaW

Hi,

Bjon045, are you going out of your way to make these pessimistic comments?

Sanuk!

The thread seems to have come back around of its own accord, thankfully, but I'd say bjon's points were hardly as pessimistic as the dabbish nonsense he was responding to. Implicit in bjon's statements are acknowledgment of the miracle that we (okay, not necessarily me, but humankind) have identified the cause of a deadly new disease and developed a remarkable arsenal of drugs to protect against its impact in hardly more than 25 years, two facts that result in millions of people living lives free of symptoms for many years, slowing the transmission rate, and nearly completely stopping transmission from mother to child.

I can't believe I even bothered to post on this aspect of the discussion.

dabbish, I hope you're afraid enough of herpes, the clap and hepatitis that you'll wear a condom to protect against them, since you clearly wouldn't worry about hiv.

cheers,

YimSiam

Edited by Guest

look i'm not doing this to prove a point. i'm doing this because i honestly think the information can save his life.

and it's not quackery. these are serious well renowned scientists (even a noble price winner) that are putting forward an alternative hypothesis to the one that HIV is the cause of AIDS. The official hypothesis has to this day not been proven right.

it's up to him if he wants to find out more about it. and i don't want the thread to turn into some discussion wheter or not HIV is the cause of AIDS so i won't post here more if he doesn't wants me to.

Dabbish,

I m not asking you not to post. However, I do think that you are misinformed about what is right information about HIV and what is wrong.

There will always be the contrarian scientists who will be in a state of denial about this. However the overwhelming evidence is that HIV is a serious illness, and it does exist. End of story. I m sure if you speak to people who have been living with HIV for many years, they will tell you it does exist.

To be honest, I ve went over this ground in the last 18 months. I was in a state of denial about it. I was looking and reading all the stuff that said it didnt exist...the reason being that I knew I had it. Well, at least I had a strong feeling I had it...I was clinging to a straw,and as it turns out I do have it...

Maybe you have taken many risks yourself, and this is the reason you are in denial. If so, then get a test. Maybe I m way off the mark. Maybe your just an eternal optimist.

However, this is my life, and I will be following the course of action that my logic and reasoning leads me to.

Cheers,

Chris.

• jigger unpinned this topic