Warning to everyone, HIV test came back positive...

junglesoup

Goodness me!!! you and my wife should get together, I'm sure you'd enjoy the gossip and scandal mongering, clearly you share a genetic strain which baffles me.

JP

There are always two sides of the coin. I just want to dig a little bit more about the other side.

Oh, BTW, I just happened to see Elvis Prestley walking around Soi 7 last night. Ehehehe

Interesting thread, funny how some get infected so fast when others go on barebacking for years and get out fine - gotta love irony.

I read the whole thread and still wonder what's the point in getting tested. Especially if one can live several years without feeling anything, what's the point to put so much stress on yourself? Than how you're gonna explain that to your next GF? Than what's gonna happen if you intend to make a family? tssstsss...

Ignorance is bliss... sure makes sense when it comes to HIV...

THey are now have a technology where they make an infected sperm uninfected. Even in Thailand we have that technology. No problem to have babies anymore.

Getting tested is a responsible thing to do to make proper adjustment for oneself. People are different thus they get differrent symptoms in various levels. So if your CD4 is lower you need to act fast. See ?

"THey are now have a technology where they make an infected sperm uninfected. Even in Thailand we have that technology. No problem to have babies anymore."

yeah... you go explain that to your date: " Babe, you're so awesome I think we should go on together. I hope you're confident with modern medicine coz I happen to have caught HIV fucking thirld world prostitutes"

Good luck for even getting a chance at fertilizing the lady...

Interesting thread, funny how some get infected so fast when others go on barebacking for years and get out fine - gotta love irony.

I read the whole thread and still wonder what's the point in getting tested. Especially if one can live several years without feeling anything, what's the point to put so much stress on yourself? Than how you're gonna explain that to your next GF? Than what's gonna happen if you intend to make a family? tssstsss...

Ignorance is bliss... sure makes sense when it comes to HIV...

I am sorry if this sounds a bit harsh, but the attitude shown in the above post in one of irresponsibility and selfishness. If you might have been exposed, then failing to test means exposing your "next girlfriend" or other loved one to a grave risk. In my book, this is irresponsible to both her/him and society in general.

I was under the impression, from what I ve read, that CD4 count in a healthy person is between 600-1200 range.

But I m sure he said 450 is the average. However maybe that is for an HIV+ person.

you are right! CD4 of a non infected, healthy person is between 600 - 1200

450 in average must be some misunderstanding. i do not think there can be a reasonable statement about a average value of a HIV+ person. CD4 decreases over time, for some faster, for others slowly but there can also be up's and down's. once you take medication CD4 increases significantly. some people with very low CD4 show no symptoms of AIDS, others with higher values show already symtoms

• jigger unpinned this topic