Warning to everyone, HIV test came back positive...

junglesoup

"THey are now have a technology where they make an infected sperm uninfected. Even in Thailand we have that technology. No problem to have babies anymore."

yeah... you go explain that to your date: " Babe, you're so awesome I think we should go on together. I hope you're confident with modern medicine coz I happen to have caught HIV fucking thirld world prostitutes"

Good luck for even getting a chance at fertilizing the lady...

Pigland, I m not at all insulted by your comments, number one reason being that you arent being insensitive on purpose. I think you are just plain ignorant...and it is insulting to anyone living with this disease.

I really hope you never get this disease...because I really believe you couldnt mentally cope with that kind of news. Your posting would suggest that.

It doesnt change who you are...you must still be living in the 1980s. Someone can still love someone with HIV. Your comments suggest that you have no real depth in any of your relationships and you have a poor view of the human race. The support I ve got from my bro and my friends has been unbelievable, and even a girl who I ve got to know over the last month or so. I knew her before I found out, and I ve told her. She says it changes nothing as I m still who I am...would you stop loving someone who got cancer or TB?

My friends still look at me as the same person, and have been great. I feel happy and blessed in some ways...and if someone judges you for having this or is insensitive, then IMHO they arent worth knowing. And I am saying that directly to you.

The other area where you show your ignorance is in modern medicine. Yes, poz people can and do have babies. Its a technique called "sperm washing"

As I said, I m not in the slightest annoyed, because you are just plain ignorant. You just need educated on these things and maybe you will have a different attitude...

Cheers,

Chris.

JS-

RE-"piggies"post- Agreed an annoyingly ignorant and actuallly very selfish post.Your moniker is appropriate :smirk:

Make sure you get the right "Piggy" here!

Don't get us confused! :nono:

This little Piggy is right behind Jungle Soup all the way! :thumbup:

Oh.. and as for "rather not knowing"... shows a lot of respect for any potential partners, doesn't it? Not.

Also, I would rather get on medication and stay well than be lying in a hospital bed with pnuemonia or liver failure and have the doctor saying "AIDS caused this."

Remember, HIV is a lot different to AIDS.

<< THey are now have a technology where they make an infected sperm uninfected. Even in Thailand we have that technology. No problem to have babies anymore. >>

:hmmm:

Yes, this is available almost everywhere and in some places since long time ago. Procedure is not cheap.

http://www.aegis.com/news/bp/2005/BP050804.html

Edited by Guest

Junglesoup

Pigland, I m not at all insulted by your comments, number one reason being that you arent being insensitive on purpose. I think you are just plain ignorant...and it is insulting to anyone living with this disease.

I really hope you never get this disease...because I really believe you couldnt mentally cope with that kind of news. Your posting would suggest that.

Chris, :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

What a very dignified reply.

I was tempted to write a reply to that last night, but thought better of posting whilst drunk. I am glad I waited, your reply carried a lot more than anything I may of posted would have done.

Power to you.

That is a dangerous general statement you closed with..

CDC define AIDS as "the final stage of HIV infection" so it is viewed on a time progression which someone might or might not ever get to and some sooner and others later..

Might I approach it as someone who has a positive PPD test (test for TB) yet does not have active TB nor show any signs of infectious TB yet or might never in their lifetime if they stay healthy?

Unfortunately or fortunately, the relationship to symptoms and immune deficiency is far greater in probability with HIV/AIDS than TB infection progessing to active TB in an initial healthy adult....

CB

:thumbup:

What can I say, Chris? You've made your point so well I would have just give you :applause::applause::applause:

:hug:

GTG

This has to be the single most important post I have ever read on this board. This is absolutely the first time I've read of a thread of a fellow poster that has caught the disease first hand via hetrosexual contact. I hope you can answer some questions for us. I don't mean to be prying, just trying to understand the mitigating circumstances.

1. Are you circumcised?

2. Are you sure the person you caught it from is a freelancer?

3. Was there anything you remember from the incident (open sores etc)

4. Was there anything notable about your medical condition when you think you caught it? Like airline flight fatigue, sores, cuts

5. Was it just ordinary conventional sex or more?

I really hope you don't take offence to my post. I really do hope you get through this and you have been very brave in providing information. By providing the above answers, you will be educating your fellow posters even further.

• jigger unpinned this topic