Warning to everyone, HIV test came back positive...

junglesoup

>You might wish to comment on the E-strain in LOS as it seems that some info is flying about here that might or might not be true?

I'll try to find the time to to get to it - I need to check up to date position first - I do have other things on at the moment..

-j-

This has to be the single most important post I have ever read on this board. This is absolutely the first time I've read of a thread of a fellow poster that has caught the disease first hand via hetrosexual contact. I hope you can answer some questions for us. I don't mean to be prying, just trying to understand the mitigating circumstances.

1. Are you circumcised?

2. Are you sure the person you caught it from is a freelancer?

4. Was there anything notable about your medical condition when you think you caught it? Like airline flight fatigue, sores, cuts

al sex or more?

5. Was it just ordinary conventional sex or more?

I really hope you don't take offence to my post. I really do hope you get through this and you have been very brave in providing information. By providing the above answers, you will be educating your fellow posters even further.

Certainly no offense taken Mike...The original point of me posting this was a warning. I didnt know what reaction I would get...but I have to say that 99% of the people here have been great...and the words of encouragement have been overwhelming.

Ok, on to your questions...

1. Are you circumcised?

[color:red]I m not circumcised. Fully hooded.[/color]

I m not 100% sure, but I would be pretty sure I got it from someone that would go to Soi 7 Beergarden type, or the girl you would find after 2 am on Sukhumvit soi 5 to soi 15...

3. Any special circumstances(open sores etc)

[color:red]No, when I tested for HIV they did the test for all others, I had no ghonerrhea,chlamydia, herpes etc.To test negative for the rest, and positive for HIV was according to medical science "unlucky" The thing that did worry me at the time was that when I was cleaning behind my foreskin,just after the sex in the shower. I noticed a little break in the skin,but no blood.However this has been something that I ve had since I started shagging.Not meaning to sound macho, but I m just over average in size, just over 7inches. I believe that a factor could be penis size. The big, the more pressure, so more likely to break the skin if not circumsised. I have to say this is me being theoretical. I ll never know how I really got it.

[/color]

4. Was there anything notable about your medical condition when you think you caught it? Like airline flight fatigue, sores, cuts

[color:red]No,although I had been drinking alot and not maintaining a good diet. However this according to the experts wouldnt make a

difference.[/color]

5. Was it just ordinary conventional sex or more?

[color:red]It was just straight sex, vaginal, and oral sex. I was giving and receiving.[/color]

Hope this clears up some issues for you. The bottom line is, that its out there, and sleeping without a condom is risky. Peace of mind lasting weeks and months is more valuable than the pleasure derived from a few hours of sanuuk in a shortime room.

I had an accident (or 2) in Bangkok with my Thai gf that was a massage girl (ie sex worker). When I came to Taiwan I had to get a blood test 2 months later. If I had HIV, would it have showed up in that test?

I think I've read somewhere that it usually would have shown up by that time but you should really check on 3 months and after to make sure. Not having it after 2 months is better than having it at 2 months but you should still check again.

Here you go - http://www.thebody.com/content/art6113.html#when

So your odds look pretty good. :thumbup:

Dear thai360 fellows you're so funny... you're all aching so much to help out a fellow boardmember you end up believing your own BS... no matter what the medecine can make to transmission from father to child, beeing a known HIV case has negative social and emotional consequences, which was pretty much the point of my initial post.

It may make sense to test oneself if one is decided to go on protected sex after the test but that's about it, fuck a relatively stranger bareback again and you're in for the same stress... be tested positive... well... JS will tell us if he thinks he has the same opportunities as before... and the same level of happiness. The answer is so obvious some here are pathetic.

Die, live, who should really care about others' hardship ?? But your delusion is interesting.

It makes perfect sense to test ones self if you live in a developed country where one can receive treatment to control the condition.

Sure some people have no symptoms for life "LTNP" " elite controllers " call them what you like . but most people benefit from medication.

To not get tested is to bury ones head in the sand. If you live in the UK or most other 1st world countries you will have the best of care until they find a cure that isolates the antibodes and irradicates the virus from your system.

Yes you may have a point about its better not to know, but have some empathy and emotional intelligence.

You have demonstrated about as much empathy as an autistic person on speed.

STH :sad:

How to win friends and influence people, by Pigland...

Really, you do remind me of someone...

Also, how about just calming down, being polite, not taking offence when you are in the wrong and demonstrating some responsibility?? Try it, you might find it helps.

Furthermore, some people really do care about others hardships. Personally my heart goes out to JS. There but for the grace of god go i.....

• jigger unpinned this topic