Warning to everyone, HIV test came back positive...

junglesoup

Thanks for your post jay. Also, thanks for sharing. I've had the 'wait scare' as well. Was dating a cute little number in LA last winter and had a bad cold a couple days after sex (unprotected) and I got scared. Very scared. Not the first time. And I was mad at myself for putting myself in that position. Everytime I get the flu I get scared. I recall writing Junglesoup about one scare and he was kind enough to reassure me.

Anyway, its good to be reminded sometimes.

• 7 months later...

Hi Jay,

Came across this forum. My story is that I met a thai girl down on one of the islands. Got chatting to her and went back to my room and proceeded to have sex with a condom. However at some stage in my drunken stupor the condom broke and whilst I did realise there was definite exposure. I haven't had any flu like symptoms yet but have had a bloated stomach and am short of breath when exercising. Going in for a test next week but was just wondering if you had any symptoms like this before your ARS symptoms. She said she was a student, spoke good english and no money was exchanged. That info is probably irrelevant but I guess I'm hoping it decreases the risk slightly. Anyway mate I hope your doing well and wanted to say your post is one of the bravest things i've seen. If my worst fears are confirmed then hopefully I can be as strong as you.

Jimmy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The last post on this thread by JungleSoup(Chris) was on 17/09/2007 04:16.

Does anyone know if he is still OK. I often wonder about him. I think a lot of us can say "There But for the Grace of God go I...."

I hope he is still alive and well.

I wish you were right Maw, but ARS symptoms occur 2 to 4 weeks after exposure. This is when serconversion occurs. This is the information from the experts...

Sorry to hear your bad news mate, in terms of finding out, many people such as my friend can be HiV for years before they show any kind of symtoms others it can show up pretty quickly.

The good(ish) news is that drugs are much more advanced these days to the point that she only needs to take one big pill every day.

I hope your second test comes back negative but if it doesn't then don't take it too badly, you still have many many years left. In a perverse sort of way it made my friend appreciate every day that much more.

I wish you were right Maw' date=' but ARS symptoms occur 2 to 4 weeks after exposure. This is when serconversion occurs. This is the information from the experts...[/quote']

Sorry to hear your bad news mate, in terms of finding out, many people such as my friend can be HiV for years before they show any kind of symtoms others it can show up pretty quickly.

The good(ish) news is that drugs are much more advanced these days to the point that she only needs to take one big pill every day.

I hope your second test comes back negative but if it doesn't then don't take it too badly, you still have many many years left. In a perverse sort of way it made my friend appreciate every day that much more.

Do you even realise that you're responding to a 3 yo post? :rolleyes::shakehead

• jigger unpinned this topic