Warning to everyone, HIV test came back positive...

junglesoup

• 2 months later...

What a horrifying experience. In many western countries the HIV threat has been minimized because celebs such as Magic Johnson have lived so long after being diagnosed. While I'm glad that people with HIV can live longer, I also feel that nobody should minimized the threat of HIV.

Since I'm new to this site I look at the dates on postings and I see that this has been here for a while. I think that the moderator has done a service by leaving it here.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting statistics someone might find helpful;-

Quite authorative research revealed that HIV only developed into AIDS at a much lower rate when Turmeric was in the diet.

Do some research and check the details.

Sorry I cant remember where to look.

Your own version here doesn't quite strike me as what I'd call authoritative. I heard hopping up and down on one foot right after sex would reduce the chance of contracting HIV. Can't remember where I saw that though.

• 4 weeks later...

Your own version here doesn't quite strike me as what I'd call authoritative. I heard hopping up and down on one foot right after sex would reduce the chance of contracting HIV. Can't remember where I saw that though.

"Do some research" I suggested.

Someone interested in the subject will learn lots by searching >> HIV Turmeric.

Its all out there and may save their life.

left or right foot?... :dunno:

• 4 years later...

I have gone semi vegan and routinely take various take herbs and spices to stay healthy, along with exercise. I am not married, living overseas, no kids, so I have to take care of me. I can't afford any long term illnesses and I'm not a spring chicken anymore so I am very health conscious. Tumeric being one of the things I take routinely. I google everything and it has a lot of great properties. However, with regards to the post about HIV and Tumeric being something that can help combat it, the danger is promoting the mindset that by taking it one can either not catch aids or don't need to take precautions like a condom. I know its not the intention but it can seem like it.

I have read though if one does have HIV that a vegan lifestyle, rich with things that help antibodies, immune system, etc, may / does help depending on who you listen to. God forbid no one catches and I recall the sadness I felt for Junglesoup. I have not been on this thread in a while, how is he doing? Is he still on here?

Anyway, knock on wood I've not had any serious illnesses, except a couple times I got food poisoning a couple times (Kenya and Philippines). But hardly a cold, flu, etc.

• Like 1

Google is our friend. This is interesting regarding Tumeric and HIV acquisition. Again, obviously the best defense is a condom. I have this concoction I take daily as a tea that includes tumeric (as well as ginger, slice of lemon, black seed oil, apple cider vinegar moringa tea, cinnamon tea, ginseng and green tea). Perks you up...trying to get all the bases covered.

https://www.turmericforhealth.com/turmeric-benefits/10-therapeutic-properties-of-turmeric-that-can-fight-hivaids

• Like 2

Whilst Im not anything like a vegan, l do take the approach you're talking about when Im in Laos. The myriad of different herbs we eat when combined into the dishes we eat, must encompass just about all the medicinal properties available.

Now Im not sure what the raw duck blood lahb does in terms of health, probably boosts my immune system due to the dead parasites etc that I ingest, much like vaccines....

Any parasites will be killed when the lime juice that gels and acidifies the blood is added.

• jigger unpinned this topic