Warning to everyone, HIV test came back positive...

junglesoup

why????????????

not everyone reads Nightlife,i for one haven't for Months.

not a real interest for me as i don't know 99% of the places talked about or the current scene.

GD is a much better place for this kind of info as more people would have seen it.

GD can be a surprise every time you open it because you never know what you will find.

Nightlife can be pretty much same same.........

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...
I've been retired in Pattaya since April '07. Mr A has been here for 14 years and is an avid bare-backer. He sleeps with an average of 2 new girls per week (that he finds on the beach) and says he has had gonorea twice and chlamydia once. He says that he cannot "perform" with condoms.

I knew a guy like that too who developed full-blown AIDS and subsequently died. It's suicidal.

Examples of suicidal behaviour could be jumping off a 20 store building or driving into a motorway bridge at 90 mph. Barebacking in Thailand is risky/unwise in the same way as riding a motorcycle or joining the army are risky. There is a risk of death from barebacking in just the same way as there is from the other 2 examples I gave. But just the same as the other 2 most people who indulge in it do not die as a result.

Simie.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

There are more than a few of those cases. I may even have been one of those guys here in the states or perhaps in a moment of madness while in LOS.

I've gotten tested recently and often (thanks to JS mainly) and you always hold your breath while waiting for the results even when you know you've been practicing safe sex.

I had a vasectomy a few years ago and it made me a little less cautious initially because fear of getting a woman pregnant was my main concern. That was removed so I took a few more chances than I normally would have but I got that out of my head soon after.

i have been a good boy for over 3 Years and only slept with the GF.

we do not use contraception as she is a strong Catholic and very adverse to the idea of it.

but we work in a job where we are tested Monthly because of the dangers we might face.

we are in daily contact with all bodily fluids with blood being the main one of course.

you see a stranger and you have no idea what diseases they might have by just looking at them.

that's why young and old are treated the same and we protect ourselves.

but easy to slip up and get infected.

but you have to be careful these Days.........

• 5 weeks later...

Wow! Interesting news. I got tested again recently. Negative but I was worried because I had a bad cold for a week and JS said it was one of the signs. I re-read his post and my cold wasn't as bad as the ones that are symptomatic.

Still, I was worried and it reminded me to be very vigilant. I took one of those saliva swab thingies that gives you a result in 20 minutes.

I'm hopeful they'll find a cure. Much has been done already with the cocktail thingy that has kept many alive way longer than when it first appeared.

• jigger unpinned this topic