Thai 360 Annual Get-Together

MooNoi

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

While I like the idea (and had a great time at the AGM), I agree with dddave that there is a chance at some serious problems.

The interesting thing was that while some 50+ people showed up on the (free) Friday evening meeting, only about halve of that showed up on the actual AGM day.

If we are to do this again, then I think the best thing would be to set a date and a venue. That's it.

RSVPs could be used to get a rough head count, but no money should be involved; either on the part of the participants or the part of the organizers.

Sanuk!

ND and all,

Start out at a place that can accomodate a largish crowd if many show. Gulliver's has a lot of room in the area we meet on Friday's during the weekday evenings usually. Set a time and all can come, or not. I doubt very many will actually show up anyway. Once most guys hit the 'Cock' plans go awry once they get their buzz on and find some poon. So just set a time and date, make some plans, get ideas from the members, suggestions on venues to go to, (Cowboy, Nana, etc) on the board, make tentative plans, no outlay of cash, and enjoy the party with those that actually show. Set up a couple guys that WILL be there positively as contact points with their mobile numbers so late-comers can find out where the main crowd of guys are at any one point in time for the night and go from there. And post their mobile numbers on the board so those wanting to catch up can call and find out where.

No reason to go whole hog and make it complicated in this day and age of mobile phones and such. Tell everyone to eat before they show up for drinks, and gather and meet and chat, then on to the bars with whatever crowd gathers. Oh, and everyone gets their own drink cup for their chits and pays their way at each stop. No 'group' bills at the bars that any one guy can get stuck with, then screwed out of baht later for.

Plus, there are many large places that are pretty empty most nights for at least a part of the night where everyone could gather. Places where guys could bring along a bottle and share around, just pay the corkage fee and mixer drinks fees. Could be done very cheaply and easily.

Just set a time and date a couple of times a year for this (High season and low season I'd think the two best times) and follow this way to do it and no one should/would get screwed over for any money. We don't need a huge venue, nor t-shirts and such, nor even dinner. It's just a meet and greet on a larger scale than the usual Gully's Friday night meetings. A possible DC would have to be cash up front to join in, or at least cash to enter without a ticket maybe for late comers as well. Sell tix to the dance contest online on the board in advance, and mail the tix to whoever sends the tix seller the cash in whatever way is set up beforehand. Set an amount of tix to be sold and once that is 'sold out' it is up to the punter/member to arrive at the arranged time at the arranged bar venue with tix in hand. If not enough tix sold, well, the guy was going to come anyway, so the persons running that would then refund any tix sold once a tix is turned in at the meeting that night is all. No ticket in hand, no refund. Don't show up and participate after paying for your tickets? Well, som nom na, dude.

But really, that is getting more complicated then is necessary, as every BKK agogo is a friggin' dance contest really, especially if a big group of punters arrives and spends as per usual for drinks and such. We will make the place rock once arriving. Want a dance contest? Go into any decent agogo bar. Take the mamasan aside. Take a collection of 200 baht each member there. Tell the mamasan we are holding an impromtu DC and the winner will get x amount of baht. Grab three guys to be judges and party hearty, as it will likely happen no problem once the dancers hear there is a prize of such and such baht for the best dancer in the next hour of dancing. Repeat in bars that seem open and fun for something like this as well if it is wanted by the guys present. Not hard to do really.

And, like I say, I doubt there'd be 150 guys showing up anyway. Maybe 50 ... tops. And many might not stay that long or for the whole night of partying anyway.

So KISS (keep it simple stupid) as the old saying goes. No reason to do otherwise, and it still could be a good time for all.

JMHO.

Cent

Guest lazyphil

<>

fidel i've never threatend you (READ ALHOLK YOU ARSE LICKING TOSSER!) or anyone here, have silly debates yes! and the others you mentioned havn't!

i know you said in jest anyway.

Guest lazyphil

hehe, good because i tend not to cross feisty irishmen if i can help it!....i'd be more concerned you kicking my head in lol

fidel i've never threatend you (READ ALHOLK YOU ARSE LICKING TOSSER!) or anyone here, have silly debates yes! and the others you mentioned havn't!

i know you said in jest anyway.

LP...Alky is in one of his fogs again. Fidel knows we haven't threatened him or anybody else on the board. But to allay any fears on Fidel's part, I'll see what I can do to reserve the lavish Grand Ballrom at the North Korean Embassy. PARTY TIME commie style... "free eats" and drinks for everybody...except for those who can afford shoes. :smirk:

HH

Archived