my pal not adjusting to Phuket.

Abe

Moo Noi said:"Phuket (along with Bali) is package-tour heaven for Australian couples, honeymooners and (during school vacations) families. "

I can't understand why Australian couples go on beach holidays to far off places when they have the likes of Manley,Byron bay and the Whitsundays on there doorstep? :confused:

It would be like me going to a town where the temperature never goes higher than 8 degrees c, it pisses it down all year round and every cunt's on the dole for my holidays.

Cheers

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When in Phuket:

Stand out side of Rock Hard gogo and face away from the beach. See the 7-11 across rat-u-thit road off to the left? At 2 am go stand there and tell me it's not the place for you. Watch in amazement as hundreds of bargirls who have not found a customer gather nightly.

Perhaps my favorite place in the world to watch people and drink singha.

This is a very typical 'ktv/j-club' format & while some girls english may seem 'poor' their japanese will be 'worse' most likely ;)

Most westerners find this setup boring for a reason, but can be fun for a change now & again if not else to meet 'different gal' which is same same :rolleyes:

"kind of like a cross between a go go and a fishbowl. the girls all line up behind the bar, and you can pay 200 baht for one to sit with you for an hour. maybe this is common, but it's the first time i've seen it. we did not partake. none of the girls spoke even passable bar girl english, obviously"

• 4 months later...
Guest HonoluluJimmy

Soi Eric doesn't atart till 11pm

It's deadsville.

Try the bars along Bangla. For example rioght across from EWoir Eric is Moon Bar, Moon has gils there at 11am. Shite you can bar fine the waitresses at the Aussie Bar!

• 2 months later...

Prior to our visit there between the 11th and 21st of January Patong was my favourite place in Thailand. Not anymore.

Like someone said earlier in the thread it was full of Eurotrash. Meatheads in too tight vests and Russians with haircuts fifteen years out of date will be my abiding memory from the place now. I dunno, maybe it was a bad time of year.

Luckily the last few nights in the capital made up for it.

A Russian tourist who assaulted a Patong go-go dancer on Wednesday night walked out of Kathu Police Station a free man the same day, after agreeing to pay the woman 1,500 baht to cover medical costs.

Kathu Police Inspector Jakkapong Luang-aon received a call from the victim at about 9:30pm.

The woman, a 37-year-old dancer from a well-known go-go bar located along Soi Bangla, told police she was suffering from wounds inflicted by a Russian tourist dissatisfied with her for failing to provide ‘special’ sexual services.

• 3 months later...
I will be back there in November for the diving, but walking down beach road in Patong can be a perfectly gad-awful experience. Makes Pattaya seem quiet and relaxed.

Was there at the end of March and beach road is better. A number of the really cheap tailor and t-shirt shops have been replaced by newly constructed places which are more up-market without touts. Really was there for the diving so did not do that much of the nightlife but will note the dancers at the Rock Hard are now wearing T-backs--not Pattaya but an improvement.

• 1 month later...

OK I have not read all the posts your friend needs to HTFU there are lots of places in Phuket for entertainment. Christ on his cross I would be happy Kanchanaburi. Or Lop buri or bum Fcuk now were. Has to be a POM

• 1 month later...
Prior to our visit there between the 11th and 21st of January Patong was my favourite place in Thailand. Not anymore.

Like someone said earlier in the thread it was full of Eurotrash. Meatheads in too tight vests and Russians with haircuts fifteen years out of date will be my abiding memory from the place now. I dunno, maybe it was a bad time of year.

Luckily the last few nights in the capital made up for it.

In my opinion your comment describes more Pattaya than Phuket :surprised:

Are you sure to have been in Phuket?

It's the biggest gem Thailand has !

Been to Phuket twice.

Enjoyed both trips. Nightlife and daylife.

It is not Pattaya and does not pretend to be. But there is action if that is what one wants.

Hired a car and driver and took self guided tour around island. There are some really beautiful spots on island. Some just for families. And beautiful. Drove down to bottom of island and viewed some very nice homes - Thais or Expats - not sure.

I could live on that island and be very happy.

Archived