my pal not adjusting to Phuket.

Abe

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

we showed up to phuket with no idea what we were doing, and found a room in Phuket city for 500 baht during high season. Phuket city sucks, but it's not actionless. Pink Lady is not designed for westerners, but we were welcomed there. it's expensive (2000 st 3000 lt) but it's a unique format that looks designed for japanese. kind of like a cross between a go go and a fishbowl. the girls all line up behind the bar, and you can pay 200 baht for one to sit with you for an hour. maybe this is common, but it's the first time i've seen it. we did not partake. none of the girls spoke even passable bar girl english, obviously.

• 10 months later...

I've spent a lot of time in Phuket and loved it, but, my last trip I was dissappointed due to the influx of euro trash.

o.k maybe i went at the wrong time so got a bad impression.

People shouldnt go to Phuket just for mongering. They will be dissappointed to an extent. There certainly is plenty of mongering you can do there. I remember me and my bro had been drinking all night and at 2 or 3am we were basically surrounded by girls who either hadnt scored or where lining up their second for the night.

it's just a different atmosphere than other mongering places in LOS. It's more tropical holiday than all out debauchery (at least out in the open).

What i love about it is during the day u can act like a tourist and laze on beautiful beaches.

THEN, at night its back to banging thai birds. Yes, it did/does anmoy me that when i was with my thai bird (non p4p) i was constantly stared at by young male idiot tourists who look at you and your girl thinking that if they smile at the girl long enough maybe she'll smile back and that'd be oh so dangerous and exciting for them.

I'd like to go back but I'm a little gunshy at the moment.

:twocents:

Last time I was in Patong it took me a day or two to get over the culture shock of seeing so many farang couples around, particularly around Soi Bangla. But I did get over it and had a great time.

The first time I went to Patong was my first time in Thailand, and seeing farang couples seemed perfectly normal, but what shocked me was seeing all the old, fat farang men with young, beautiful Thai women. I got over that in a hurry too. :)

Funny how one's perspective changes.

• 2 weeks later...

Moo Noi said:"Phuket (along with Bali) is package-tour heaven for Australian couples, honeymooners and (during school vacations) families. "

I can't understand why Australian couples go on beach holidays to far off places when they have the likes of Manley,Byron bay and the Whitsundays on there doorstep? :confused:

Archived