my pal not adjusting to Phuket.

Abe

How do you not like Phuket I ask? My pal went downt there a couple of days ago and already complaining. I told him to go to soi eric or Patong. Very easy. Is the town(Phuket) really that dead? He went on to tell me that there are bunch of Aussies with fat girl friends.I don't think so. He Can't wait to go back to Pattaya and BKK. Depressing email I just received from him. I don't know what to say. chok dii eee

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He went on to tell me that there are bunch of Aussies with fat girl friends.I don't think so.

That's actually VERY believable! (Assuming of course that the said girlfriends are Aussie!)

Phuket (along with Bali) is package-tour heaven for Australian couples, honeymooners and (during school vacations) families.

Anyway, it is very quiet in Phuket in low season, but can't believe he can't find SOMEONE to keep him company at night - sure there's some diamonds in the rough somewhere!

i've always that the Mai Thai Bar Webcam always makes it look quiet.

i always go to Patong in low Season,have always visited May-September and found no lack of company.

the Girls are grateful when you visit their Bars because of the lack of crowds.

the earliest i picked up a Girl was 10am,the latest 6am.

there are some gems to be found and some dogs as well.

it's the old equation........your stunner is not my stunner.

but why was he concerned about Aussies with fat birds?.

why was he looking at them when there are so many cuties around?.

i always seem to be in town when the Japanese are visiting and they are no problem.

always in a group with Wives/GF's and just on a tour of the Nightlife.

they are no threat to me.

unlike when the Americans are in Town during Cobra Gold.

had to get in quick to get your Girl for the Night.

I can understand your friend a bit Abe - there's that rubber-necking instinct to stare at a crash site, for instance, which might be similar to his morbid curiosity in the Aussie girls... Understanding, however, doesn't make it right! Like the Velvet Underground used to sing: "I do believe, if you don't like things you leave..." Why waste time looking for what you might find when you know where to get what you want?

YimSiam

I know many guys who have visited Phuket and promised they never go back. It's a package tourist trap. Actually Phuket doesn't really differ from many European beach destinations except there's better sites for diving and lots of Asian people and the scenery is tropical.

That said I liked the place. Didn't actually do much else there than eat, dive and sleep and shagged a couple of beer bar girls. Beer bar girls were better than girls in Bangkok beer bars IMO.

"I know many guys who have visited Phuket and promised they never go back."

Add me to the list. Unless for work, I see nothing in Phuket that I can't find elsewhere for less.

Now, I don't snorkel, kayak, dive or swim in the ocean so maybe for others there is more interest.

Archived