Bangna sanuk?

Bembaman

I have just moved to Bangna and was wondering if there is any local sanuk? I am happy to trek into town for major sanuk excursions but if I fancy an hour locally is there anything happening? I saw some bars at the top end Sukhumvit end of 105 where the T junction is to go left to Sukhumvit or right the side way to Bangna- Trad which looked as if they may be offering some action and I hear the DC Hotel and Novotel bars on Srinakarin can be OK, but anyone know the area and can advise?

Waerth,

Thanks for that tip. I drive over that junction in both directions frequently but I have never noticed anything. However, I rarely if ever drive there at night and tend to conentrate on the road pretty hard when driving here! Can you elaborate, what are they, karaoke, beer bar, standard pub? Any specific names of establishments worth a try?

• 2 weeks later...
You mean Barbies?

Barbies is a located on Sukhumvit at the SW intersection with Bangna Trat, under the multiple levels of highway overpasses. There is a massive sign overhead advertising it's location.

I was there about 5 years ago when it was named 'Lung Kii Mao', or 'Drunk Uncle'. Back then it was a Thai style Music hall (drinking and music with live bands and comedy sometimes)

Archived