Far Lap

FAT_AUSSIE

Munchie....

easy up old mate!!!

Piggy and me aren't animals....lol...

Welllllll OK...Piggy is, I guess...

I'm just a Dum C...

Happy to report 1 less "animal" in Oz ...lol...Tiger flew out last night...

Of his 8 nights here...(fortunately I was in China for 2 of them..lol..) we actually partook of a few jars on 4 afternoons / evenings.

Tally....3.5 Litres of 101 Wild Turkey.....0.5 Litre of 10 y.o. single Barrel.....4 (I think) bottles of good Oz Red...

...plus whatever we had when we called into the Pub.... :grinyes::yikes::grinyes:

...Think I'll book in for a couple of hours De-tox...555555

Cheers DC

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fark, Munchie...

DON'T say that if you come to Oz!

He's a national treasure here!

Going to Oz and slagging off Pharlap would be like us going to Scotland and slagging off haggis, deep fried Mars bars, single malts, crap weather kilts, caber tossing,

Or putting you arm around the Queen :)

In the movie "Pharlap" there was a classic scene at an Australian newspaper where they were preparing the headlines of what would go to press following a major horse race.

One was something like "Aussie horse conquers the world" and the other was something like "Kiwi horse just not good enough". Of course they were talking about the same horse!

Stick

• 4 weeks later...
In that case Robaus you might also like to know that his heart is in a glass case in the Smithsonian.

Unless the Smithsonian's moved to Australia I'll think you'll find Phar Lap's heart is still well-and-truly in Australia.

Phar Lap's abnormally large heart, weighing 6.2 kilograms (14 pounds-the average for a horse is 4.0 kilograms), is a popular object in the National Historical Collection, a testament of the great affection in which Phar Lap was, and still is, held by the Australian people.

Phar Lap Link 1

Following his death, Phar Lap's heart was donated to the Institute of Anatomy in Canberra and his skeleton to the New Zealand National Museum in Wellington. After preparations of the hide by a New York City taxidermist, his stuffed body was placed in the Australia Gallery at Melbourne Museum.

Phar Lap Link 2

Archived