CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 07/08

sayjann

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe sooner...he said he'd give it 2 weeks before deciding....

I'm just so happy Man U won....a wonderful double. The 2 biggest prizes available...what a season. I suspect next season is going to be tougher.

Faustie

I am a bit more optimistic than you are about Ronaldo, dont forget his father figure at United is Carlos Q, a guy himself who left United for Real Madrid only to reutrn to the fold a year later, there are fellow portuguese speakers in the team in the shape of Anderson and Nani and I am sure that he can converse with Tevez quite well in his mother tongue. IMHO as a Salford Red he has more opportunity of winning more with United than he would at RM.

Just look at the Penalties, Tevez had the pressure of the first one yet he stroked it away as if it was a training game, Nani had all the pressure on score we have a chance miss and its all over, that penalty will give him the confidence now given the pressure of that shot, as for Anderson he reminds me of the Tazmanian Devil.

As for who were the better team that is debatable dependent on ones own loyalties, Chelsea has more shots but United had more shots on Target, Pot Shots from 25 yards out that fly 10 yards wide are classed as a shot whereas Tevez missing out by a fraction of an inch on turning the ball in is not, United made more chances. Terry cost Chelsea that game, not by his penalty miss but by his rush towards Tevez, if Chelsea had just taken the throw in back to Cech the game would have continued and Drogba would have been on the pitch for the shoot out, petulance does not pay.

The Medal Ceremony showed to me the gulf in Class between the 2 clubs, Chelsea send up Peter "Judas" Kenyon a guy who has never kicked a ball in his life who was suckered by Romans Roubles and scuppered Uniteds signing plans (Essien, Obi Mikel) due to his knowledge of Uniteds long term stratedgy accepts a medal before any of his clubs players and footballing staff. Compare that with with Sir Bobby, played in the first European Cup in 55, survived Munich 58, won the World Cup with England in '66 and won the European Cup with United in '68 and is still the top scorer for his national team, as a gentleman he refused the medal and slipped it into his pocket.

I am optimistic of a few good more seasons with the right tweaks to the current squad. Richards in from Ciy is a must, Huntalaaer from Ajax I hope.

i agree about the Medal Ceremony.

David Gill is Kenyon's equivalent at the Club but MU wisely decided to ask Sir Bobby if he would do the honours.

the Humility he showed was uplifting.

Sir Bobby is one of the most respected People in the Football Family and you never hear or have heard a bad word about him.

this Man could run for the Presidencies of FIFA and UEFA and would win hands down.

when you hear what the current Players say of him speaks volumes for him.

his tears after the Game were not directed at the win on the Night but of the memory of his good friends he lost at Munich 50 Years ago.

how people like Blatter and Johannson get the top jobs is beyond me.

politics and little 'incentives' are probably the main reasons,not their knowledge of anything to do with Football.

.... Compare that with with Sir Bobby, played in the first European Cup in 55, survived Munich 58, won the World Cup with England in '66 and won the European Cup with United in '68 and is still the top scorer for his national team, as a gentleman he refused the medal and slipped it into his pocket....

Why would Bobby Charlton get a medal? :dunno:

I met Bobby Charlton out here in Dubai some years ago. I was introduced to him and I had a long chat. Turned out he was one of the nicest, most genuine people I have ever met.

He had a lot of good stories to tell about Shankly which I was fascinated with.

I have always wondered why him and his brother Jack are so different, I have never met Jack but he always comes over as being a complete cunt, but I may be wrong. Couldn't stand the way Jack used to murder defenceless animals on TV.

Bobby also told me that he always wished that he could have played for Liverpool and not United. He also complained that all the United fans were interested in was to have their prawn sandwich at the match and then feck off back to Reigate or some place near Havant, wherever they came from.

He reckoned the average United fan knew feck all about football and it clearly pissed him off. Have to agree with him.

Archived