CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 07/08

sayjann

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flight to Moscow £700, Hotel in the city, £200, Match ticket, £80....John Terry crying like a baby....priceless.

Anyhow, got back from the game, totally shattered (40 hours without sleep and counting), but a great experience. I didnt expect us to win it and I wasnt dissappointed, however, when Terry went to take the penalty, I never thought he would miss.

I couldnt see what the Drogba incident was about, can someone enlightment me? was it a deserved red card?

What a prick for getting sent off - if he hadnt then most likely Terry wouldnt of had to take a penalty.

Anekla is (IMHO) probably the worst players we've bought....one goal and a missed CL penalty.

Grats to man usa, howver the best team on the night didnt win...but thats football and I've already booked my hotel room in Rome :)

Incidentally, Customer service in Russia is a oxymoron.....30 mins to get a beer!!! No smiles, twice as many police/army as fans! The average joe on the street though was amazing.

And the women.....well there are two types, Stunning or Old :D

Red square is fantastic and I would recommend it to anyone...though plonking a football pitch in the middle of it rather ranked a little..

A better T shirt would be a picture of a bottle and on it writ:

JOHN TERRY VODKA

MADE IN ENGLAND

BOTTLED IN MOSCOW

:grinyes::grinyes::grinyes:

Along with Ronaldo... who cries like a baby even when he wins!

At least Terry got close, hitting the post, with the goaly going the wrong way. Ronaldo's penalty was comically bad - he seems to have lost his bottle with penalties recently (I wish he could have lost it in time for Portugal v England 2006 :( )

Didn't watch the match properly (I was being, er, attended to while extra time was going on :) ) but it looked like Chelsea had the best of it and were a bit unlucky.

The only guys in the shoot out I was certain were going to score were Ballack and Hargreaves. German and German-trained. :grin:

Carrick and Kalou looked especially nervous. I'm surprised they scored.

Drogba doesn't take penalties anyway, does he so I don't think the sending-off made much of a difference.

Anelka was never going to do it. You've got to really wonder about the bottle of a striker who won't step up for the first 5 or 6 penalties. That's your job, mate - to score goals!

As a Liverpool fan, I'd hedged the emotional loss I'd get from a Man U victory by betting on them to win so the pain is numbed. :smirk: It's a good method! :) :thumbup:

glad you got there and back safely...... :thumbup:

which team was better is debatable,both teams had their dominant periods and while Cech had to make the more spectacular saves,Chelsea did hit the woodwork twice.

MU could have been 3-0 up before Lampard got the good fortune to profit from a couple of deflections.

but if you don't make the runs then you don't get the chances.

if Tevez had been a Yard quicker he would have got on the end of Rooney's brilliant cross.

i couldn't see Terry missing but shades of Beckham against Portugal.

why Ronnie changed his normal side mysterfied me.

but i'm happy that Giggs in his record breaking Game netted the last scoring Pen...... :bow:

the Drogba incident was a little complicated.

Chelsea had put the ball out as Players from both Teams were on the ground suffering from cramp.

Chelsea were aggrieved when Nani or Evra(?)threw the ball to Tevez who put it out for another throw instead of giving the ball to Cech.

Lampard,Terry and Ballack rounded on Tevez and suddenly most Players from both teams got involved in handbags.

Drogba was stupid in running many Yards to get involved and his little tap on the face of Vidic was nothing but we all know the rule about raising your hands.

but MU keep up their record of never losing a European Final along with Villa and Forest.

unlike the failures of Arsenal,Chelsea and Liverpool..... :thumbdown:

and Fergie also keeps up his record of never losing a European Final....... :thumbup:

i know Teddy will jump down my throat when i say this but i think it was easier to win the Trophy when Liverpool were dominant.

i know non MU Fans will be bored with all the Munich talk but to win 50 Years after the tragedy is fitting.

and also 40 Years since the 1st win and 25 Years since Fergie won his 1st European Trophty..... :chili:

but i was worried it might be like last Years FAC Final but i enjoyed the Game.

nail-biting at times and we had Goals,chances to score,a sending off and then the drama of Pens.

what more could you ask for....... :question:

but MU become the 8th Team to go through the Compie without a loss and the 1st Team to do it twice...... :yay:

but congrats to Tevez,Hargreaves,Nani and Anderson who won major honours in their 1st Season at MU.many more to come i hope.

but away from the Game CF.

i will be in Moscow for a couple of Days next Year and is it as expensive as they say?.

or do you think prices were raised for the occasion?.

and what do you think the chances of Grant,Drogba and maybe Lampard being at the Club next Season?.

i still think Ronaldo will be off to Spain in the next 2 Years............ :doah:

Archived