CSKA Moscow

Fenerbahce

GROUP H

Arsenal

Sevilla/AEK Athens

Steau Bucharest

Slavia Prague

UEFA do it again...... :banghead:

give Arsenal the easy Group,why are they so determined to have them win the flipping thing?.

Zaad will be happy.....his Teams playing the Italians...... :grin:

Roma at OT,let's hope for a repeat of last Season...... :grinyes:

...this time we'll win it by outplaying the team in the final for the whole 90 minutes and not having to get a couple lucky goals at the death and an undeserved victory..hehehe

I'm happy with our draw. Seville will be tough but I'd rather us play a good, open, attacking side than a good solely defensive side like some Italian sides.

Roma to exact revenge. And I hope the mancs have a trip to Kiev when its winter. Chelesa have a tough group. Scousers have done well and should be even better equipped this time around.

but if you try to score up until the final whistle sometimes you get your reward..... :)

Kiev is the only big worry i have if it is at a colder time.

hopefully the Away Game will be the 1st or last.

expect to lose in Rome,we normally lose in Italy but we are strong at Home.

and a return to Lisbon for Ronaldo and Nani..... :thumbup:

found the Dates.

MU.

19 Sept....Lisbon (A)

2 Oct......Roma (H)

23 Oct.....Kiev (A)

7 Nov......Kiev (H)

27 Nov.....Lisbon (H)

12 Dec.....Roma (A)

Kiev Game is not at the most ideal time.... :thumbdown:

last Game to Roma could be very crucial.

Chelsea Dates.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/NewsHomePage/0,,10268~1102695,00.html

Liverpool Dates.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N156853070830-1914.htm

Arsenal Dates.

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=480872&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Champions+League+fixtures+announced

I'm happy as well.

I expect PSV to go through.

Benfica on the other hand need to compete with Celtic again to join AC Milan to the knock out stages. Last year We lost 3-0 in Scotland but gave them the same beating in Portugal.

It'll be very tough although (maybe I'm wrong) Celtic do seem to be a little weaker than previous seasons.

Groups B, E and F are most exciting IMO :up:

both your Teams have Italian and Russian opponents,just like my Team(ok,ok i know Kiev are in the Ukraine but same same).

don't underestimate the Russians,they don't normally do that well but one bad result against them and the plans go awry.

and trips to Turkey are always fraught with danger.

don't discount Celtic,you might be surprised.

I certainly don't discount Celtic.

The main problem of my teams is that both Benfica and PSV sell their talents or key players at the end of each season which is why it's so damn hard to keep a strong team together for 4-5 seasons like the better (seasoned) teams around.

PSV have great scouts though and always seem to be able to find good replacements often from South America. Benfica need more time to gel, their poor start of the seaon have become a sort of habit as well as proof to this point. :banghead:

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone doing the Fantasy League again?

Zaad - to be honest Celtic have not improved this year from last and their dreadful away record 1 point from 12(?) games looks set to continue. Their defence in the SPL has looked very shaky at times.

Unfortunately Rangers have drawn a beast of a group - E - Stuttgart, Lyon and Barca. 2nd place would be an immense achievement, 3rd a very good one.

But we have started well, have got a 100 record domestically so far and won through comfortably in the qualifying rounds. If it continues..... we may just be able to sneak into the last 16 again.

Archived