CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 07/08

sayjann

good result for the Arse.

MU were competent,didn't really do a lot to win the Game but got the all important Goal.

Van Der Sar saves us on a couple of occasions though.

nice touch when Ronaldo scored.

he didn't celebrate and that was appreciated by the crowd.

and he was given an ovation by the crowd when he went off,a nice sporting gesture for a Player who played less than 30 Games for them.

i bet Ultra's is still celebrating...... :drunk:

great result for the Gers........ :thumbup:

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

here we go again.....Round 2.

Zaad's 2 Teams(that's greedy)have what looks one hard Game and one that's a bit iffy.

away to Inter for PSV looks like going home with 0 Points.

and the Benfica Game against Shaktar could easily go either way.

Ultra's Rangers away to Lyon is difficult.

Arsenal's Game could be difficult,quite often away Games like this can be a problem.

but Arsenal are flying at the moment but i wonder if they will play the same way as they do in the PL?.

confident about MU.

not playing well but home record is good and hopefully an early Goal will make Roma think of last Season.

Celtic/Milan could be a cracker,but i expect Milan to prevail with at least a draw.

i think Liverpool will beat Marseille but it depends what team Rafa puts out,but at home i would always back Liverpool.

i think Chelsea have a tough Game in Valencia.

they are not playing well and going to Spain is never an easy task.

i think they would be grateful for a Point.

my predictions.

MU.....Win

Chelsea.....Loss

Arsenal.....Draw

Liverpool.....Win

Celtic.....Draw

Rangers.....Loss

PSV.....Loss

Benfica.....Win

so 8 Points out of 18 for the British Teams.

i wonder if Ultra's is sober yet........ :_party:

performance of the Night from Rangers..... :soccer:

Lyon away is not easy but Rangers rode their luck with Lyon hitting the woodwork 3 times and the Rangers Keeper giving a good performance.

another good result for the Arse.... :thumbup:

only saw about 5 Minutes worth of highlights but they attacked well and finally got the Goal.

MU were shite again.

Roma had enough chances to win the Game,but thankfully the Defence held out.

Fergie the Magician almost became Fergie the fuck-wit with his decision to bench Giggs.

last Season Roma were destroyed by Giggs who had 5 assists in the 7-1 mauling.

he should have been on from the start and Nani was not that good on the Night.

luckily Rooney came up with a bit of magic after too many Players under performed.

Agreed, Man Us luck continues...it could've easily gone either way. Man U just don't look motivated or hungry enough, too many balls given away, passing too slack, no real shape. Watching Tevez was fun tho'. I guess it'll all come together at some point, the new guys just don't fit yet. Anderson looked a bit lame too.

Lyon have gone backwards. I'm happy for 'Gers, great result but Lyon were a better side not more than a couple years ago. They are even struggling a bit more than they have been in ligue un as well. Had they been able to hang on to Essien, Diarrwa and other players I think they were on their way to be a semi final quality side and with some luck in draws, a finalist. Their ship has left the dock I think. They'll be quarter finals at best and the only trophy they can win is a UEFA cup.

The Arsenal seemed a little tepid but the match was just a few days after a hard fought win at West Ham and then having to travel to Romania, isn't easy. They got the win and dominated the side and you can't ask for much more as a supporter.

I think Real Madrid are the team to watch for this season. I'm not sure there is a club that can stop them in the CL. Not even the italian sides. They aren't as good as the gallacticos sides but they are playing the best football in la liga right now and look strong in europe. Milan don't look as strong as they used to, Juve are weaker, Roma are strong but dont seem stronger than RM, they are probably the closest to RM. Chelsea are weaker, Arsenal aren't quite there yet and still need to be tested against a top opponent. Man Yoo don't look strong.

Great win for The Bhoys last night (Celtic 2 v 1 AC Milan). Just hope it's not all in vain because of one idiot fan. :shakehead

Shame about Liverpool losing to Marseille. :hubba: I wonder if there's any connection between that result and Teddys non appearance at work this morning :question:

Archived