Do punters still go to Patpong?

Abe

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crossing Silom is probably about 25m and if you do you won't have to open 5 or 6 taxi doors to get one that uses its meter.

Anyway the exercise will do you good. Help you lose some of those excess pounds.

What about Cowboy. At the Asoke end the taxis also won't use their meters and you have to walk up Asoke some distance to get one.

Cheeky. Actually, most girls are telling me I'm too slim now and I need to be fattened up. :p

In Cowboy the dynamics are different with the crossroads. I usually want to cross the road and walk because I usually nearby or want to avoid waiting at the crossroads. But the other week when I needed one I got a taxi within metres.

In fact, what are you talking about? :dunno:

The Cowboy taxi mafia is only about 5 cars! They make a jokey offer of 300B and then direct you to a metered car nearby. And all the cars passing, unlike in Patpong, will be metered and take you anyway.

What about Cowboy. At the Asoke end the taxis also won't use their meters and you have to walk up Asoke some distance to get one.

Oddly enough, I've found the Taxis at Cowboy on the Soi 23 end always used their Meters for me (even the sitting ones), on the Asoke end on the other hand the sitting ones I've found are always a Rip and you just have to wait to grab a moving one.

My recent LOS trip made a trip to Patpong via Taxi one night - told em I wanted to go to Patpong II, the fool takes me to some Massage Parlor / brothel (?) in some seedy, darkened area a few blocks off Silom and annouces "Patpong" whereupon his mates come out of the "unmarked house" saying "Welcome to Patpong"! After laughing intially I make a bit of a scene whereupon he quickly takes me to the real Patpong. In retrospect I should've peeked inside that "unmarked house" just to see what was in there... :shocked:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived