Patpong Update - Loosening Up

Since there have been a number of queries by would-be visitors to the LOS and I was out last night in Patpong, I wanted to pass along a few observations.

The 2 a.m. closing time seems to be getting looser. The Kings Castle bars were open and still serving a bit past 2 a.m. and the Kings Castle Disco and (from the outside at least) Lucifers Disco still seemed to be going strong just before I left Patpong at 2:30 a.m. Is this a trend? I don't know, but I sure hope so because I do sometimes like to have a late night out.

Patpong seems to be more crowded than it was two weeks ago. It was certainly harder to make your way through the crowds. The Kings Castle bars were packed. I saw plenty of obvious tourists. It was clearly, however, not at high season levels - just noticeably more crowded than I have seen it since the WTC attacks.

The girls seemed to be more upbeat. I remember going there a few weeks ago and it was all doom and gloom.

Crystal ball gazing on the Bangkok nightlife scene is obviously a harardous activity, but for now, it seems as though the restrictions in Patpong, at least, are getting a bit more relaxed.

Archived