Need some advice again guys...much appreciated.

junglesoup

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The biggest problem with this disease is the stigma...

You got that one right. I've got a loved on who's battling liver cancer right now (and doing very well :applause:). No different, in my mind, to someone being HIV positive, except than no c*nt tut tuts and gets snooty about cancer. But there's no difference. It's all undeserved shit that unlucky good folks have to deal with, and you're dealing with it magnificently. I really believe that the mind controls the body. Stay on top of it, mate. Show the bastard who's boss. :up:

We're with you, man. :) And that woman sounds like a star. :hug:

Keep positive. :beer:

jack :help:

As an aside a farang male friend of a friend, living in BKK tested positive last week. He's not handling it too well. There's a lot of it about lately it seems. Makes you wonder how many have HIV and don't know about it.

A pharmacist told me HIV/AIDS drugs are the most dispensed medications in New York. Makes you think.

I am a little late to give advice, not that I would know quite what to say anyway.

But I think Faustian said it all, and well.

One thing that I might add is that I have had a couple of close friends living with HIV for years. One went home to die, because he had lost his partner. But, wonder of wonders, they invented some new drugs and now he lives a normal life while watching his diet and being careful around people with flue.In fact, he told last week that his doctor said there is no reason why he shouldn't live out a normal life span.

Well, the tests in Thailand aren't foolproof, so before you do anything else get a second opinion - you can google for AIDS testing, as I recall some of them are very unreliable and find out which is good, I forget for now but did look into it before when there was a lot of talk about it a few years back. Porbably, one of the major league hospitals will suffice. A year or so ago there was a big article about a Thai lady who tested positive and confronted her husband who denied everything and when they went for a second test all okay!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived