Chuwit looses! Massage tycoon ordered to pay up

rickfarang

:) I think this guy has literally gotten away with murder, so its nice to see him getting called on at least one of the crimes of his "former life." For those who don't remember, a few years ago, Chuwit admitted to many of his past crimes and declared that he was essentially reborn; a different person from the one who committed those crimes. I figures that if he was truly a different person, then he wouldn't have the money that resulted from his past life. But I digress. Here's what happened this week. (BTW, Chuwit Gardens on Sukhumvit, across from Soi 15, is where Sukhumivt Square once stood.)

Source:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/breakingnews.php?id=120902

(BangkokPost.com) â?? The Civil Court ordered Sukhumvit Silver Star Co., Ltd. - of which former massage parlour tycoon-cum-Chart Thai party deputy leader Chuwit Kamolwisit is director - to pay financial compensation to business owners affected by the demolition of Sukhumvit Square four and a half years ago.

The strip served as a watering hole for throngs of beer punters before it was demolished in the early hours of January 26, 2003 by a group of anonymous men.

The court ordered Sukhumvit Silver Star to pay 5.7 million baht to six business operators affected by the razing of Sukhumvit Square with an annual interest rate of 7.5 percent until the required amount has been fully disbursed.

Mr Chuwit was arrested in the parking lot of a massage parlour shortly after the incident in January 2003. He was a director of Sukhumvit Silver Star, which ran many massage parlours in Bangkok and owned the six-rai piece of land at the corner of Sukhumvit soi 10 where Sukhumvit Square stood before it was abruptly razed.

Mr Chuwit denied he had ordered the strip's demolition, saying he had leased the land to Nickel Co. for commercial development.

Police believe Nickel Co. was set up especially for the demolition of lessees' properties at Soi 10, in particular the beer bars, as the operators had a long-standing dispute with the landowner.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The strip served as a watering hole for throngs of beer punters before it was demolished in the early hours of January 26, 2003 by a group of anonymous men.

"Anonymous men" - Well, that's one way to look at it. I suppose it makes sense in the current political situation... As I recall, a lawyer was convicted for engaging a certain uniformed service to carry out the demolition, but the men who actually ordered/carried out the demolition couldn't be touched. It was "too dark" for them to be identified...

Anyway, it's good to have another bit of green in the middle of Bangkok!

YimSiam

There was an internet shop that was destroyed - after the computers were removed. Wonder what happened to the washing machines at the laundry. Think there was also a travel agency. It wasn't all just beer bars and pool bars.

Wonder which six business owners are being compensated. There were a lot more people who lost everything than just six.

Yes, that was the internet shop Nok took me to on my first visit to Thailand. At that stage I'd know her only a day, and she didn't know it was going to be two years. She showed me the email she got from a Brit called Ted, and asked me to read it to her (she spoke more english then read it. Little was I to know what lay ahead.

thank buddha, she eventually married him.

Pleased that Massage Pimp got his cumuppance, even if for him its only a trifle.

There was also the real bar at the back, by real I mean concrete built inside bar with Air-con Pool Tables TV's etc owned by a Scotish guy (I won't mention his name) who before he bought it used to be a regular in Jools. Some of you may know him.

I often wonder what happened to him after that.

:) I think this guy has literally gotten away with murder....

murder? probably you are mixing this up!

Chuwit is responsible that we have now at least one nice and beautyful park instead of more seedy and ugly bar shacks in lower Suk!

i will give him the vote for next PM! :neener:

Never heard of any murders, but of course not impossible, else it's lady Patpongpanich who was freed of the murder of the australian 14 year old girl stealing her BF.

I'm still waiting to see what happens with NEP, some say Chuwit is sitting with all the top lease contracts, some say that he's bought the land from the indian family. He's just waiting for the subleases to be out to build one more shopping centre with hotel and apartments.... :evil: