Chuwit looses! Massage tycoon ordered to pay up

rickfarang

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) I think this guy has literally gotten away with murder....

murder? probably you are mixing this up!

Chuwit is responsible that we have now at least one nice and beautyful park instead of more seedy and ugly bar shacks in lower Suk!

i will give him the vote for next PM! :neener:

Gotta say I am with Samak on this. The bar owners were leasing from second and third level sub-leasers who may or may not have had the right to sub-lease the land. The bar owners were told many times to leave. They didn't. The owner wanted his land back, so he took it.

I mean, if you own a house, and some squatters are there, wouldn't you evict them too?

Regards,

SD

I thought everybody was paid, something like 200,000 baht per business. Shit, I think there was something like 200 businesses in that place. One of the best massage places, in my opinion, was in that shit hole.

As I recall, the victims reported they were offered 10,000 baht "compensation" - take it or leave it. And some had one million baht plus invested in their business.

... but you go through the courts. You don't hire military mafia to threaten the police and bulldoze the place at 4AM.

You have your ways, he had his. Odd only 6 took it to the courts, odder yet, they beat the guy! Good for them...I hope. Could mean further problems for them.

As for him owning NEP...don't know. But it would seem he may have fallen out of favor with someone given that he lost. No ideas why the others were not suing as well...wasn't there an initial settlement? maybe some were bought off cheap? would be interesting to see who got paid, and what their connections are.

[color:red]"Gotta say I am with Samak on this. The bar owners were leasing from second and third level sub-leasers who may or may not have had the right to sub-lease the land. The bar owners were told many times to leave. They didn't. The owner wanted his land back, so he took it.

I mean, if you own a house, and some squatters are there, wouldn't you evict them too?"[/color]

Not the same case. These people had legal leases. Landord can not do anything till the leases expire or the leasee does something to break the lease. Even if the landlord felt he had a case, it had to be presented to a court not carried out by an army of mafia guards/soldiers in the early hours of the morning. If a tenant died during the rage, there would have been a lot more protesting of this type of action.

• 7 years later...