Om Pra Maa Poot Gaw Mai Cheua

luckyfarang

Yes, the transliteration is wrong, but the Thai does say 'cheua', (sorry, don't have my Thai keyboard attached right now and I am still clumsy with the virtual keyboad).

Earlier poster wondered if it was translated by farang or Thai, probably Thai by the wording and maybe the transliteration mistakes. But who knows--English is a little choppy and too literal, but even if it were translated by a farang, we can't all be poets or songwriters or just good translators.

Gave this URL reference earlier as simply a source for folks who wanted words to Thai songs, especially if they could not read Thai. I don't think it is necessarily correct. My kids ofter show me words to English songs they have pulled off the web, there are often egregious errors (especially where the singer mumbles. These words are done by English speakers. Just remember, the WWW, just like Wikipedia, takes advantage of a multitude of unknown (and sometimes anonymous), self-proclaimed experts for their content. Often transcriptions or information are totally wrong.

Archived