Filipino Girls in Bangkok

fruity

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think there is a great variety in salary of Farang teachers from maybe 10k to close to 100k; so you can't generalize; but i want to see the Filippino English Teacher that gets more than 20k

Ummm so you can generalize about Flipper teachers but not Falang?

how does that work, then?

i think there is a great variety in salary of Farang teachers from maybe 10k to close to 100k; so you can't generalize; but i want to see the Filippino English Teacher that gets more than 20k

How could a farang possibly survive on a salary of 10,000 baht per month? :dunno:

Probably the old "can't leave Thailand (Asia) at any price" syndrome.

Never really got that. As if its some sort of gaol sentence to go back to Farangland.

I agree that Asia/LOS *is* addictive, but when it reaches "junky-type" proportions, that is truly scary. People like that are just glorified derolicts if you ask me. Scabbing a few quid here, scratching and eeking out a living, just so they can "live the dream". Sounds more like a nightmare.

I don't think these types really think about their future too much... what are they going to do for an income when they're too old to work anymore?

Maybe they've taken on the Thai trait of not being able to see the big picture!

Some may argue "its easy for me to live as a Thai person does on the same money". But who really wants to drink beer Leo from the 7-11 to get pissed, play chess with bottletops on the street corner to get entertained and buy their mobile top-ups using 50 baht cards to communicate?

Actually.. that's a coincidence, Munchie! Just answering your post as Robbie Coltrane playing "Cracker" comes on the idiot box! Strange, but true...

Full time falang English teacher on 10k a month?

I'd like to see proof of that, lowest ive ever seen is 20k. (and that was in Pattaya)

I wouldnt be so quick to judge people living here on crap wages. i suppose if it makes you feel better about your life then go right ahead.

That isnt directed to anyone personally, btw

I wouldnt be so quick to judge people living here on crap wages. i suppose if it makes you feel better about your life then go right ahead.

That isnt directed to anyone personally, btw

Why not? Tough love is what some of these people need because they lose all rationality. If you are an educated person in your late-20s to late 40s and are living in a third world country on US$500/mo or less, what the fuck are you thinking? (Not *you* in particular, just a generic "you"). I mean it's fine for a few years after Uni, but after that, grow up!

Those are the times you build your career, get some kind of retirement savings plan started, etc. Sure, there may be some reasons for it, but most guys are just so thrilled with the social life, they lose all perspective. And in the end, they'll be destitute in their home country or begging on the street here.

So think of it as a public service...

Regards,

SD

That isnt directed to anyone personally' date=' btw[/quote']

Why not? Tough love is what some of these people need because they lose all rationality. If you are an educated person in your late-20s to late 40s and are living in a third world country on US$500/mo or less, what the fuck are you thinking? (Not *you* in particular, just a generic "you"). I mean it's fine for a few years after Uni, but after that, grow up!

Those are the times you build your career, get some kind of retirement savings plan started, etc. Sure, there may be some reasons for it, but most guys are just so thrilled with the social life, they lose all perspective. And in the end, they'll be destitute in their home country or begging on the street here.

So think of it as a public service...

Regards,

SD

Some people have a different outlook on life to you, just get over it.

Once again, if it makes you feel better about your life, then go ahead.

Archived