Bomber Not For Sale

The_Munchmaster

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking he'll have better luck buying a B-1 or B-2 in a few years, the BUFF will probably out live them all... Maybe he can find a better deal on a Badger, Bear, or Blackjack. I'm sure they turn up on EBay form time-to-time ;)

Ahui hou :cheers:

I remember a BG known as B52 who was also a relic of the VN War days. She could kick over her head and do all sorts of things nobody really wanted to see - especially as she was overweight, over the hill and usually danced nude.

:p

Sonds like you would need a few B52 drinks to get through her act :D

The BUFF is presumably a nickname for a B52?

Therefore Badger, Bear and Blackjack are presumably also nicknames for military planes?

I hope you're not one of those military geeks or even worse a plane spotter?

Now Munchie, I'd think you'd know what BUFF means. We both qualify...Big Ugly Fat Fucker! :neener:

And yes, the other names are aircraft (tho' second rate since they are not Navy fighters 555555 :neener:):

Badger = Tupolev Tu16

Bear = Tupolev Tu95

Blackjack = Tupolev Tu160 (but gotta give the Ruskies props for this one -- simply bad-ass!)

Cheers,

SD - Flying Tiger: Tomcats rule!

WHAT and WHEN was the first passenger plane to exceed Mach 1?

Yup the 95's range is impressive, but it is slow and vulnerable to fighters. Can't blow shit up if ya can't get the ordnance to the location.

No idea on the civilian aircraft first to Mach 1. Is there one? I thought the Citation X was the fastest at Mach 0.95 or so.

EDIT -- OK, without looking what was the first supersonic aircraft powered by jet engines (not rocket engines)? Either the experimental number or the production number will be acceptable.

Cheers,

SD

PS -- You back in Bangers from the Dark Continent? I'm on a bird from MEL in little over an hour...

Archived