Bomber Not For Sale

The_Munchmaster

Ah ha! Tricky question from that sneaky pooch. The answer to Dog's and mine are the same!

EDIT -- No, I'm dumb. They are not the same answer as he said "passenger" versus "civilian". Which means I do know the answer and I even flew on one once on the way to Dubai from the States. But I have looked at web pages, so I'd say that I cheated and will not answer to let others play.

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, they're all NATO code names of former Soviet bombers (all are still flying with someone out there)... BUFF is the nickname/acronym given to the B-52 some years ago; believe it was in use even before their missions out of U Tapao.

No, I'm not a plane spotter or "geek" as you say but whatâ??s wrong with those who are... I can think of worse "hobbies". I have met many at air shows most are just folks interested in aviation. I am lucky enough to be more interactive with these aircraft, letâ??s leave it at that ;)

Ahui hou

Why doesn't he go to Davis Monthan AirForce base and go to the graveyard where over 4000 planes sit. If one or two go missing, I don't think anybody would notice.

tucson_airplane_graveyard_pic.jpg

boneyard.jpg

I used to dabble in the scrap metal game a few years back and those pics had me positively salivating. Do you know that a lot of non ferrous metals have gone up in price around 100%pa for the last five years?

Archived