Switching to Apple - finally

kamui

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday was typical in our office. I was a little bit late and our assistant sat helpless in front of her Lenovo notebook (Lenovo/IBM notebooks receive high grades concerning the quality of the hardware, even higher rates than Macbooks) and she told me that the computer froze when she tried to wake it from the standby mode. :help: The only solution: a hard reset by pulling the power cable.

... but if you run Vista on a Mac are you not open to all the Trojans/Virus in the PC world?

Yep, which means you'll need a firewall and anti-virus and -spyware software. I intend to use the dual OS solution only temporary until all MS software is substituted (I'll have for example to port our Access database to Filemaker).

Mac's are great but require a higher initial investment. Total cost of ownership vs. a PC probably evens out over the long run. Being able to run Windows on a MAC will go along way in helping them capture more market share.

Just because someone has a greater market share doesn't mean they have a superior product (see Betamax vs VHS). I could give a fuck about the MAC vs PC supporter war. I just want a cost effective, reliable solution. While they still have some work to do, MAC running Windows applications gives me a choice that I didn't have previously and thats a good thing.

Archived