Switching to Apple - finally

kamui

Civil...ok, i can do civil...

JJSushi...love ya man, you can't be wrong can you....everybody else of course is wrong.

I've used PCs...i use them everyday, i have to...my workplace uses them.

I own Macs...i've bought about 12 since 1995. I bought a PC once, gave it away, never used it.

I write music, surf, do all the usual 'other' stuff. I've never wished i had a PC. If i wanted one i could buy one. Apples OS is simply better. Things just work, it's constantly updated and improved and whilst a couple of 'proof of concept' viruses were produced for OSX, they weren't malicious. You make a lot of assumptions, you don't know what i know. Or for that matter what anyone else knows. I don't think you are a bad person, just somewhat entrenched in your ways. Really, if you want to continue believing Microsoft produces 'good; quality products, then so be it, but i don't believe many people really do.

Microsoft has been copying and playing catch up with OSX for years...they are about to fall even further behind soon when Leopard gets released. Computer professionals all know Apples OS is far superior to anything Microsoft has ever produced.

Apple has its faults, but it is an innovator. It at least tries to produce new and interesting products. Microsoft just copies...XBox, Zune, XP...the new OS at least looks ok, even then it is bloatware....but finally after decades of Microsoft being in business it doesn't crash constantly and isn't as vulnerable.

One of the things i really like is that i can d/l what i want, open any attachment i want, do what i want and never have to worry.

I've been constantly online since 1998...never has OSX crashed since i first installed it. I haven't restarted my current mac, other than for OS upgrades, since 2005. Currently i've not restarted for around 8 months, i'm online 24 hours a day.

At work the PCs (all new) crash, hang, or slow down to a crawl, several times a month....and the viruses! Luckily these get caught 95% of the time by the security software,but they are a regular feature...people want to surf and d/l.

So, to sum up, i really don't care about the PC vs Apple stuff. IMHO Apple produces better product. Each to their own.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived