WOMEN'S WORLD CUP

sayjann

anyone watching this?.

started in China on Monday and the opening Game produced a record scoeline for a Women's WC Game.

Germany 11--Argentina 0.......... :yikes:

the Germans are the favourites and were irrestible,but the Argies were fucking awful.

their Goalie scored 2 own Goals after punching 2 corners into her own net... :doah:

but the Germans did look good and their movement was lovely to watch.

one of the Goals was a classic,a run down the wing and a perfect cross for the centre-forward to jump above the defence and power a header into the Goal...... :applause:

USA 2-- PDR Korea 2

this was expected to be a walkover for the USA but the Koreans were awesome.

if the Koreans had won it would have classed as the biggest upset in a Woman's WC.

but they ran and ran,harried the opposition and attacked like dervishes.

at one stage Korea were 2-1 up and i was cheering them on,i loved their spirit.

but a draw was a wonderful result for them.

watching the England v Japan Game at the moment and the Chinese are decked out in their England shirts and holding the flags up,i get the impression they don't like the Japanese.

and good to see the whole Team sing the National Anthem,they could teach the Men a thing or two.

a few butch looking Women in the German Team and some looked pretty scary,at least some feminine looking Girls in the England side..... :grinyes:

not many good looking Japanese or Koreans so far........ :(

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

England 2--Japan 2

great Game.

Japan are ranked higher then England and the 1st Half was pretty even.

but the 2nd was great to watch and how England didn't thrash the Japanese i just don't know.

they had so many chances but were just unlucky.

but there was a bit of a warning in the 1st half when Japan tried a free-kick which didn't quite work.

the play was to place Japanese Players in the wall and then for them to crouch down and let the taker blast a low shot into that area.

it didn't work the 1st time.

but England didn't learn and Japan took the lead with an exact free-kick,Players just ducked and the ball was in the net.

England then became dominate and played some good Football.

then England scored twice in 4 Minutes and things were looking good.

then in the 4th Minute of added time Japan got another free-kick and done exactly the same as before.

Players in the wall and they all ducked and the Japanese Player hit a wonderful shot straight into the Goal.

but the free-kick was so good i don't think many Men would have stopped it.

not even enough time to kick-off as the Ref blew the final whistle.

there was a hot looking Mexican lineswoman running around..... :grinyes:

:rotfl::rotl::rotfl::rotl:

don't be silly,you have to be good to play in this Tournament.

Brazil 5--New Zealand 0

impressive display...... :soccer:

the Brazilian Ladies are not that much different from the Men in their manner of play.

athletic,good passing and like to take a shot from anywhere.

3 of the Goals came from outside the area and one was superb.

it was hit from around 35 Yards and the ball went left,right,up and down and the Goalie never had a hope.

Female Thai Ref for this Game....

Australia 4--Ghana 1.

did'nt see the Game so cannot comment.

but i know it was the 1st Game the Aussies had won in 4 WC Final appearances.

Home Nation playing next and they are suppossed to be good.

and i expect the crowd to be vocal.

China 3--Denmark 2

whoa,what a rollercoaster.

the Danes looked the better Team but the Chinese took the lead with a long shot.

Denmark equalised with a far post header,i've been surprised how eager the Women are to mess their hair up and head the ball....

2-1 to China with 4 Minutes to go and suddenly Denmark equalise and the crowd is silenced.

but within a Minute a long ball is perfectly controlled on her chest by a Chinese Player and as it dropped she just hit it.

20 Yards from Goal and the Keeper never moved,just watched it go into the top corner.

the Chinese Gal hit it with some power and the Stadium erupted.

and Norway beat Canada.

Sweden 0--USA 2

a comfortable win for the Americans as they confirm themselves as one of the favourites.

Korea 2--Nigeria 0

looks like the Koreans have booked their place in the next round.

Argentina 0--Japan 1

and the nips do it again,after their equaliser against England with the last kick of the Game they score the only Goal after 92 Minutes.

they look like tough cookies and could surprise people.

Germany 0--England 0.

something to celebrate.

the English Men lose at Rugby and Cricket but the Women defy the odds and get a draw in an exciting Day for English Sport.

in 15 previous Games the Germans had won 14 and drawn the other one so England were expected to lose.

but in the 1st half England could have easily scored more than once due to mistakes by the German Keeper.

the 2nd half was more tighter and the England Keeper had to be at her best to stop the Germans scoring late Goals.

a win of more than 2 Goals against Argentina will see England progress,here's hoping.

you should see Germany's Captain and star Striker,Birget Prinz.

she is scary,you wouldn't want to meet her in a dark alley at 2am............

i'm not gonna mention every little injury that befalls the Players.....

didn't see any Games today but results are here.

Denmark 2--New Zealand 0

Norway 1--Australia 1

Canada 4--Ghana 0

Brazil 4--China 0

from what i've seen,Marta of Brazil is a top Player....... :thumbup:

Archived