WOMEN'S WORLD CUP

sayjann

Sayjann, the U.S. team are a class above. Elbow or no elbow, we are a better side. They've been one of the best sides in women's footie for a while. The England side may as well be the Arsenal women's team, if it wasn't for the Arse the English team wouldn't make it to Heathrow..hehehe

I do like womens football though and was a bigger fan of our women's team before I was the men's. Our women play attacking football and they are athletic, a bit like a certain club in north London.

With the size of their population and the sport a religion there, I'm surprised the Brazilian women don't have a better history.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i did say they were the top Team in the World and that England were not expected to win.

but i don't like the way they play,they seem to rely on their strength and are very physical.

not a bad thing some may say but i prefer the smaller Women Teams are more nimble and play more exciting football.

Norway 1--China 0

a pity to see the Chinese drop out of the Competition.

i liked the way they played and the support they got.

the crowd went silent when Norway scored and the silence was deafening.

but China bounced back and had a few chances to equalise but poor finishing gave them no chance.

a shame,their number 9 was a real babe.... :smirk:

Brazil 3--Australia 2

great Game with much end to end play.

Brazil went into a 2-0 lead and were looking good then a bad back pass let in the Aussies and 2-1.

a shock when the Aussies equalised and all to play for.

Christiane of Brazil got the 3rd with around 10 Minutes to go and it was Game on.

the Aussie Keeper made a terrific save to turn a shot onto the bar and then Australia missed a golden oppurtunity to score at the other end.

then Brazil hit the post with another chance and then it was Game over.

S/F's

Germany v Norway

Brazil v USA

go,go Brazil.............

Semi-Final 1

Germany 3--Norway 0.

what a shame.

Norway were dominant during the Game and while not exactly making great Goal scoring chances troubled the German Keeper much more than the Germans troubled thiers.

the Germans used their physical prescence to stop many attacks but the Norwegians were certainly up for the Game..........then disaster.

Birgit Prinz who looks like a German Panzer division on her own decided to invade Norway's space and rampaged across the border and ran into an area which caused a major problem.

her cross was perfect,just hit the flipping ball across Goal and see what happens.

well a Norwegian hit the ball into her own net and 1-0 to Germany.

Norway seemed to come out a little subdued for the 2nd half and Germany increased their lead.

a deflected shot by a German Player looped over the Goalie and that looked like the end.

but then a mistake by the Norway Goalie allowed Germany to get a 3rd Goal...... :(

didn't want to see the Germans get to the final but one consolation.

England are the only Team who kept a clean sheet against them so far after 5 Games.

:soccer::chili::_party::applause::_party::chili::soccer:

:rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl:

2nd Semi-Final

Brazil 4--USA 0.

the Americans who have shown an amount of arrogance throughout this Tournament finally get their comeuppance...... :thumbup:

their Coach dropped the Goalie and put in the reserve because she was a better shot stopper and better suited to playing against the Brazilians.........a shock to all.

no more than Hope Solo who had been dropped and the cameras kept showing her as she watched her replacement make mistake after mistake.

the Brazilians started off like an exocet missile,charging forward and the only way to stop them was for the Americans to foul them.

the 1st time the American Goalie had to collect the ball she dropped it and caused trouble in the Defence.

then disaster...........

Brazil corner and for some reason a USA Player left her position and went charging towards Goal and headed into her own net.....

then 7 Minutes later they were 2-0 behind.

Marta(Player of the Tournament and now top scorer)skillfully beat a Defender and strode into the area and unleashed a shot which the US Goalie used her chocolate wrists to push it into the net.

Wamburgh the US Captain who had taken out the England Captain with her elbow a Game earlier then showed she hadn't changed by doing the same to a Brazilian.

then controversy.

Boxx of the US was sent off after getting a 2nd yellow card.

harsh,as she just clipped feet with the other Player and she was was in front following the ball.

the card was shown and some bad sportsmanship shown by the Brazilian Player.

she made it known that it was the Americans 2nd Yellow and then ran around punching the air and clapping as her opponent walked off.

2nd half was no contest.

Brazil just attacked and attacked and attacked and the US were on the back foot.

a 3rd Goal came when a storming run down the left and pass from a Player resulted in Christiane taking 1 touch to control the ball and then fire past the Goalie into the net.

by now the US were doing nothing but defending.

and then came the amazing finale.

Marta who had run the front-line was on the left wing and produced one of the most outrageous pieces of skill i have ever seen and was suddenly in the area and shot the Goal.

again the Goalie showed she had weak hands and just palmed the ball into the net.

Brazil also hit the woodwork before the end and then it was all over and the celebrations began.

i had to smile as the US Coach walked off the field.

he was adamant before the Game that his Team would not be playing in the LOSERS GAME(his version of the 3rd/4th Game).

sorry mate but your Team will be playing as LOSERS.

50 Games and around 3 Years since the USA had been beaten and they felt invincible.

thank god their arrogance might have been given a beating.

Brazil were so impressive and i hope they stuff the Germans in the Final.

they have been the best Team i have watched so far.

exciting Football and their attitude of 'if you score,we'll score 2' is what i like.

and in Marta,Christiane and Daniela they have a 3 pronged attack which would grace any Men's Team if they were Men.

and Marta as the current World Player of the Year is such an outstanding Player.

looking forward to the Final.

Loser's Match.

Norway v USA.

Final.

Germany v Brazil.

go,go,go Brazil............ :thumbup:

Their 'arrogance' kinda reminds one of a certain club in the north of England doesn't it?

50 games on the trot makes any team arrogant. It comes with the territory. Its good for football. Marta plays like Ronaldinho and the surprise for me is why Brazil didn't have a good team before, given their size and passion for the sport.

Nevertheless, the American team will regroup. I like the American style and it helps women's football. They play attacking football. They are great athletes and play frenzied, aggressive style. They don't cheat, make cynical fouls or flop over like some of mens teams do in certain countries. Its not the American way if I can be pardoned for sounding a bit nationalistic. I'm very proud of them.

Don't worry they'll be back and will be stronger. They have always bounced back and I would not count the women's team out. The men could become very strong as well if we had a mind to, but that's a debate for another thread.

I'm hoping the Brazilians win.

Archived