what is the ultimate first date in bangkok...need suggestions.

junglesoup

Khun Yim,

I don't think so.

I think people who "say" they're into this stuff, and really aren't, and just do it to keep up appearances and make-out that they're hi-so are pretentious.

Just because people enjoy foreign cinema and the arts doesn't mean they're pretentious.

I enjoy foreign cinema and arts and I don't believe I'm pretentious and I don't believe my friends and the people who know me think I'm pretentious either.

Thai = Poochai Thammada

Aussie = Ordinary Bloke!

:beer:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So would that be 'Khun Moonoi bpen poochai thammada'?... Not sure how to use that bpen...

I get your point, but really, is there anything more indicative of likely pretension than foreign cinema and claimed artsiness? I mean, JS hasn't even met her, he just knows by phone/internet that she wants to present herself as arty and into foreign film...

As to the date plans - to get back on subject - just do something simple that shows that you're a good guy to be with - she already knows you're a farang and can wow her with money (or at least thinks you can), you need to show her that you and she can relax and have a good time. Perhaps save the Carousel bull (didn't they have a frog-in-pussy show, as well?) for a later date, when you're a bit more familiar with her adaptive ability...

LOL, I know what you mean in some ways, about foreign cinema. However, she seems to be pretty sincere in her interest. She is always able to tell me about loads of movies and the story so to speak. I m probably more pretentious a I pretend to be interested,lol. Thats a joke. I am interested, although I have watched some foreign movies,from the ones she has been telling me about, they seem much more subtle than the Hollywood stuff.

Michael Haneke-Funny Games...check out that movie. Austrian. Very psychologically sick, but very well directed.

I take your point about just having a good time. I ll rethink my plans. Maybe just stay in PB hotel soi 3 or Nana for the first night,lol. Well, somewhere mid range instead maybe,cheers.

JS,

In reply to your original question "What is the Ultimate Fisrt Date in Bangkok?" I, for one, don't believe there is such a thing.

From what I understand from your postings on this thread you know this lady from online and via a few phone calls and this will be the first time you meet her in real life. Don't try to change who she is and what she does from day to day.

She is Thai, there are 2 things a Thai female likes, shopping and food. How about going to Siam Paragon at around midday for a stroll around (it may be tedious but cheaper than the Oriental), then maybe then across to Central Chid Lom to "Food Loft", where you can sit eat and chat, basically get to know each other as people. Then you can decide what you want to do later by mutual agreement, if you are both comfortable with how it is panning out the more probability that you will see each other again.

One thing my wife keeps reminding me of even today is one thing I told her after we had known each other a few months "I am not here to change your life, I am here to share life and hopefully we will make each others better" We are still best friends first and a married couple second.

Don't think too much, be natural, the perfect outcome of the first date is the second date.

Good Luck JS, you deserve it.

Jeezahs F****** Christ Mekong,

reading this and I've actually cried....(for the second time today!!!)

No one could have put things into a more honest and realistic perspective....well said!!!!

Farkkkk, It's been a really tough week week for me!!!

Tiger saw my first "crack up" earlier today after I received a very "important" (to me) sms....

....sorry Tiger...it wasn't cos it's your birthday and your getting fucking old!!!!!

....Guess I'll just have to blame it on the "Turkey".....Wild or cold...take your pick...

Cheers DC

In reply to your original question "What is the Ultimate Fisrt Date in Bangkok?" I, for one, don't believe there is such a thing.

From what I understand from your postings on this thread you know this lady from online and via a few phone calls and this will be the first time you meet her in real life. Don't try to change who she is and what she does from day to day.

She is Thai, there are 2 things a Thai female likes, shopping and food. How about going to Siam Paragon at around midday for a stroll around (it may be tedious but cheaper than the Oriental), then maybe then across to Central Chid Lom to "Food Loft", where you can sit eat and chat, basically get to know each other as people. Then you can decide what you want to do later by mutual agreement, if you are both comfortable with how it is panning out the more probability that you will see each other again.

One thing my wife keeps reminding me of even today is one thing I told her after we had known each other a few months "I am not here to change your life, I am here to share life and hopefully we will make each others better" We are still best friends first and a married couple second.

Don't think too much, be natural, the perfect outcome of the first date is the second date.

Good Luck JS, you deserve it.

:thumbup: :applause::deal:

OK You have caught me out.

Under this self centered, egotistical person working in the global oil and gas market taking victims everyday there is also a human being.

There is the age old saying "Behind every successful man stands a good woman" and I was fortunate enough not to just meet one, but to also realise it and switch off from asshole mode and be "equal" as a person. Hell she has a lot more influence in Thailand than I will ever have.

What worked for me may probably fail for many others, I know I am very fortunate to have the life and relationship I have ... they may be women and may be Thai, we are making a life in their country.

I think you have hit the nail on the head Mekong :) :thumbup:

Funny thing is we have decided to meet at Siam Paragon, and go from there. To be honest I would feel more comfortable in those surrounding also. Go for some food, then a decent bar, with decent music and see what happens. Great post mate,cheers.

Ok, once again, I will be the dick in the ass here...I don't get this...you had a GF who you were elated tested negative for HIV, which you tested positive for...now, you meet a new girl on Line, who you say you have informed of you HIV status, and she says she doesn't care...

Don't you see any red flags here yet? supposedly a "good girl" yet she has no real problem meeting a guy and dating him, who she met on line and is HIV ++, no regard for your passed, and how you may have gotton it etc...something tells me something is up...I'll give my usual Be careful I smell a rat here bit...

Archived