what is the ultimate first date in bangkok...need suggestions.

junglesoup

Sorry OH, but why do you think someone who is HIV negative would have an ulterior motive for having feelings for someone who is HIV positive?

Why would she automatically assume he got it from a prostitute? Probably (yes, I'm guessing here) most people wouldn't get it from prostitutes or sex workers as they're usually a group of people who *do* practice safe sex - prostitutes who have western clients I'm talking about. I assume that's what you're eluding to by the comment about JS's past.

There's MANY cases of relationships where one of the partners is positive and one is negative. In fact, I know a couple in Thailand where the woman has it and her male partner doesn't. To me, anyway, they seem very happy together and deal with the associated issues very well.

You wrote "she is supposedly a "good girl" yet she has no real problems meeting a guy and dating him, who she met on line and is HIV++"...

Well, to me, that makes her a VERY good girl, and a non-judgmental and tolerant one. Kudos to her in my books.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, once again, I will be the dick in the ass here...I don't get this...you had a GF who you were elated tested negative for HIV, which you tested positive for...now, you meet a new girl on Line, who you say you have informed of you HIV status, and she says she doesn't care...

Don't you see any red flags here yet? supposedly a "good girl" yet she has no real problem meeting a guy and dating him, who she met on line and is HIV ++, no regard for your passed, and how you may have gotton it etc...something tells me something is up...I'll give my usual Be careful I smell a rat here bit...

Sure I was elated that my gf, actually ex gf tested negative, who wouldn't?

The girl I have been speaking with, I knew before I knew about my HIV status. I told her about it, and she didnt say she didnt care. What she said was, that she enjoyed talking to me,and we have a good laugh and rapport(I m paraphrasing what she said), and I m friendly with her and talk nicely with her. We happen to have alot in common, send each other lots of music files etc, talk about subjects as diverse as ethics in Thai media, The Office, football and ambitions and hopes for the future. Somedays I open my email, and she will have sent me a poem or something positive, that means something to her. You would be amazed at how well you can get to know someone online. Also I speak to her on the phone alot, and she sends me sms messages all the time. SO I dont really see why my HIV status makes a difference when talking about everyday things like this.

Everyday when I come home from work, she comes online, and she speaks to me until 3am her time. She agreed to meet me, and go out and have some fun in Bangkok. Simple as that. I dont see what I have to loose.

I told her how I got it. I said, I got it off a Thai girl, because I slept without a condom, when I was drunk. I m not the first or last to make a mistake.I dont see why she should have a problem dating me. I m not a leper, or a rapist or serial killer...I agree OH, that a healthy degree of caution and skepticism is necessary, but I m not asking this girl to marry me or anything. We get on well with each other, and thats that. Why not meet. She isnt prejudice about HIV. I m not saying you are Old Hippie, but your post came across as a little prejudice. I know countless people who have met people online, and dated them. I have one friend in particular who met his girl on faceparty and they have been going out for more than 2 years now...

You know someone can lie to you face to face. They dont have to be online only to lie. Just because you meet someone online doesnt mean they have ulterior motives. I mean, we all I m sure have met people online, and we use the internet medium. Do you have ulterior motives by using the internet?

I think the younger generations see the internet as another medium of exchange where people can get to know each other. The fact that she is online taking to me everynight means she isnt out in bars all the time. She goes to uni everyday, and has a year and a half left of her study.

dont be so cynical Old Hippie, in your old age,LOL. kiddin man. But really dude, I m just following what feels right. I trust my instincts, and I have never got involved with a bad Thai girl yet. If anything, I have been the loose cannon, the drinker, whoring one. I have lied in the past to my gfs. I m no angel, but I certainly can take care of myself. However, I feel now, that I want to be honest with someone and get away from butterflying and find a nice girl. At the end of the day, we all want a companion I think, deep down...

I start of from the stand point that people are friends until they prove otherwise. So far, she has been a really nice person.

I truly believe you attract the situations into your life and people, that befit your mindset. I try to have a positive outlook and try and see the good in people. I believe, then this is what you get in your life. So far, anyway, I can say, this has been true.

cheers

If you're able to have an intelligent conversation with her then she's a good girl. Even whores with good English are devoid of knowledge, opinions or ideas that make for intelligent conversation. This girl sounds nice, intelligent, educated and open-minded so I'm sure she'll be more interested in your company than where you take her.

"...Sorry OH, but why do you think someone who is HIV negative would have an ulterior motive for having feelings for someone who is HIV positive?..."

Same reason anyone has ulterior motives in LOS, or other places.

"...Why would she automatically assume he got it from a prostitute? Probably (yes, I'm guessing here) most people wouldn't get it from prostitutes or sex workers as they're usually a group of people who *do* practice safe sex - prostitutes who have western clients I'm talking about. I assume that's what you're eluding to by the comment about JS's past..."

The 2 most common ways to contract HIV are sexually and through IV drug use, both things would put *MOST* "GTGs" off in my book.

"...There's MANY cases of relationships where one of the partners is positive and one is negative..."

Yes, agreed, living in SFO, and knowing tons of gays I do know a few couples where 1 is HIV++ and the other not. But most discovered their status after the relationship began, as, if I understand it right, JS and this girl did.

"...You wrote "she is supposedly a "good girl" yet she has no real problems meeting a guy and dating him, who she met on line and is HIV++"...

Well, to me, that makes her a VERY good girl, and a non-judgmental and tolerant one. Kudos to her in my books..."

Look at this from the average standpoint...say it was you, you met a girl on line, she tells you she is HIV++ and she may have gotten it through sex, drugs, who knows...you would still go and start a relationship with her? maybe become romantic? intimate? Doubt you would, judgmental or not, no kudos are needed.

Simple fact is, most people would run from this, so this is why I say to JS to be careful, as there could well be an ulterior motive. Of course, I could be wrong, has happened before...1-2 times I think.

"...I agree OH, that a healthy degree of caution and skepticism is necessary..."

As long as we agree on that, then o.k.

"... but I m not asking this girl to marry me or anything..."

But it appears you are looking to date her and who knows where that could lead?

The rest of my post, you have sadly I think misinterpreted. But no worry.

If you're able to have an intelligent conversation with her then she's a good girl. Even whores with good English are devoid of knowledge, opinions or ideas that make for intelligent conversation. This girl sounds nice, intelligent, educated and open-minded so I'm sure she'll be more interested in your company than where you take her.

I'll disagree with that...plenty of smart whores around, just ask the guys who brag about getting the top end whores "...the kind you can take anywhere and no one will know she is a whore..." My bitch like insult aside, there are plenty of whores who can hold a decent conversation, of course that is not what we are paying them for.

Plenty can hold a conversation just not a very intelligent one. Plenty of hookers in Pattaya who have worked in Singapore or gone to farangland and come back can speak decent English but I can't see them holding a conversation about ethics in Thai media. Of course plenty of good Thai girls would also be out of their depth in that sort of conversation, as would a lot of farang men in Thailand so it's not surprising some can't tell the difference. But if you do find a girl who can hold an intelligent conversation then she's more likely to be a good girl.

Anyway, I think your point was that even if she's a good girl she might still have an ulterior motive e.g. be a gold-digger. I'm yet to do the good Thai girl thing but when I do I'll be on my guard until I'm sure there's no ulterior motive. That's the best way not to get burned.

I've often thought it would be good to have a bit of luxury for the first night too but I've never done it.

Main reason is that the first night in Bangkok is nearly always a blur - out on the town all night. I wouldn't be in a state to be able to get up before 4pm to check out to go to a more modest place. Even if I were, it'd be such a hassle. I'd want to lie in.

Come to think of it, the pampering treatment might be better on the SECOND day. :)

I've often thought it would be good to have a bit of luxury for the first night too but I've never done it.

Main reason is that the first night in Bangkok is nearly always a blur - out on the town all night. I wouldn't be in a state to be able to get up before 4pm to check out to go to a more modest place. Even if I were, it'd be such a hassle. I'd want to lie in.

Come to think of it, the pampering treatment might be better on the SECOND day. :)

Your dead right Bibblies. I remember my bro came to visit me, and we booked in to the Montien Riverside Hotel. Real nice 5 star place. Checked in,maybe spent an hour in the room in the afternoon, before heading out. What ensued was rushing back in the taxi, the next morning and arriving at the hotel 20 minutes before we had to check out...lol. So we didnt even get to test that bed, and my god what I comfy bed it was, oh well, what we did that night was pretty good anyway. :) :thumbup: :thumbup:

Archived